Peak Resources- Pinelake

801 Pinehurst Avenue, Carthage, NC, 28327

Reviews of Peak Resources- Pinelake

May 14, 2016

By time4change

My father was allowed to lay in his bed with soiled clothing for almost an hour, when the aide finally arrived she scolded him for not calling for help even though he did ring the help button. The room was dirty and the toilet was not for a handicapped person. The nursing director Rocky was more concerned with her personal calls on her cell phone than with the patients' care. She did not attempt to correct any of the neglect that was brought to her attention and did not show any concern towards the safety of the patients. The social worker was very attentive and sincere with her efforts to help but we finally had our father removed. I pray for the patients that are there now.

July 27, 2015

By unhappy camper

Very unhappy with management and staff. Only a handful of employees are sincere and caring. Elderly resident not cared for properly. Has had many health complications due to improper care. Many falls, numerous infections and constantly dehydrated which causes unclear thinking and hallucinations. Very disappointed with entire facility. Staff is uninformed or dosen't care about residents and appear to have a problem with communication. Entire staff should work as a team!!!

August 30, 2014

Pinelake was very sanitary and my father-in-law lived there. The manager of physical was very vague and he wasn’t giving him extra care. The staff, nurses, and the interns were very kind and helpful but I was not happy with the administrative staff. I could not recommend the place based on the behavior of the administrative staff.

January 09, 2014

By sunny6

Mom has been at PineLake's memory care unit for 2 years now. The most important things to me are that she is treated with kindness and respect, and kept clean and comfortable. Also, it is important that someone notices when she is not quite right (e.g. has a UTI, is less alert than usual, etc.) Most of Pine Lake's staff is caring, and I don't really worry too much. I do visit 2 oe 3 times a week, at different times during the day or evening, and have never had any concerns. The facility is a little bit older, but it is maintained fairly well. We have a been in a few others in the area and like this one the best. It is not the newest or fanciest, but I like the staff and the feeling of 'family'. It is also a bit less expensive than the others. If it was the same price I would still prefer this one to the others. There are always things that could be better, but overall we've been happy. Mom says she loves it.

October 16, 2013

By artmama50

Dingy, dark rooms in need of paint and maintenance. Decent size TV. Shared bathroom is unusable for handicapped resident. Noisy hallways, and under-staffed but friendly care givers. Meals are good. Several residents smelled as if a bath was overdue.

July 29, 2011

By Williams family

My elderly brother for whom I was caretaking...was a resident there during his final months until his death...We could not have asked for better care or a cleaner place. Aides and other servers gave sympathic individual care and met any requests. We recommend it to our friends as an excellent provider...When my brother was in his final days, they were as attentive as a good family and even sent a boutiful flower to the funeral.

Features of Peak Resources- Pinelake

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Peak Resources- Pinelake

Peak Resources- Pinelake is a nursing home in Carthage, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Peak Resources- Pinelake for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Peak Resources- Pinelake