Bridgewater Healthcare Center

14751 Carey Road Carmel, Carmel, IN, 46033

Reviews of Bridgewater Healthcare Center

February 24, 2014

By nanuette

I just arrived home from a legnthy stay at Kindred Bridgewater and I am sad to say that I miss being there. Always having a friendly face to talk to, being taken care of, having my room cleaned daily, the beautiful movie theater, the free snacks and soda from the club room, and my motivational therapists were all more than I ever could have hoped for. They even let my daughter bring in her dog to visit me which meant the world to me.There was always someone around to talk to or visit with and I will miss that now that I am back home by myself. If I ever have any other surgeries I will certainly stay at Kindred Bridgewater, as I now feel like it is a second home to me.

By deedee74

I live here at kindred bridgewater, and I am very happy. The food here is good, and I like to visit the club room and get coffee and cookies. They have food avaliable around the clock in the club room. I enjoy the entertainment that they have here and attend all the events. I also like to play bingo, and the prizes that they have for us are so nice. They allow my very own hair stylist come in and use the beauty shop to fix my hair.

By Alla0

People are very nice here, and I am very happy here. The food is good, the service is good, and the care is best! I keep busy with therapy and all the events that go on here. The cleaning crew here is great, I like that they come everyday to clean my room. I will proudly recommend kindred bridgewater to anyone.

By Mike0999

I love this place, if I have to be away from home this is the best place to be. The food here is great, and there is a healthy variety of foods to choose from. Overall the staff here is great, and they are constantly training them to provide the best care. I enjoy happy hour and bingo and I even help out during these events. The staff is very polite to my family and friends when they visit. I would recommend this facility to anyone!

By Jill98

I have lived at this facility for over a year now and have enjoyed every minute of it. I am active in all the activities and look foward to the activities calender each month. The food here is very good and I like that we are able to put in our order and have the dietary staff cook it right in front of us. The nurses, aides, and staff are all very pleasant and take very good care of me. I know I made the right choice when I chose kindred bridgewater,

By Ann Christian

Kindred is a very clean, and beautiful building. It's one of a kind. Everyone is so friendly here. I love playing bingo, and the events that they have there are so much fun. Our activities director always takes our suggestions on groups. I love the diversity of groups that they have here. I never get bored. I love the way they let us decorate our own rooms here and give us the freedom to live as we want. I have a collection of willow angles and I love that I have display them in my room.

By Mr. Stevens

Overall, compared to other facilities that I have visited are friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, everyone pitches in and helps out all over the building. My family and visitors were treated with respect and staff was very polite to them. The staff works well as a team. Even the nurse helps out with any needed tasks. The only negative I can share about this facility is I feel that they need more choices at meal times.

February 07, 2014

By jlewis

The staff provided the utmost care in treatment for our loved one. They were patient and thoughtful with her. They saw to her needs with professionalism and kindness. We found the personnel of the facility to be professional, helpful, informative, kind, and caring. Our family gives many thanks to the staff at Bridgewater.

December 21, 2013

By 6365jimmy

Don’t let the upscale location, modern design and single rooms fool you, Kindred Bridgewater is not all that it appears to be. The facility and management is all for show; Admission staff will go out of their way to get you admitted and even send a concierge out to greet you as you arrive, but come the next day you are on your own. Management is lacking; no one person is in charge, instead, “everyone is the boss”. Weekends, forget it, a handful of aides who have worked a couple of 16 hour shifts are in charge of the entire facility, be prepared to wait at least a half hour for them to answer your call button. The therapy is good, which in reality is the whole point of coming to Kindred-Bridgewater; unfortunately the poor nursing staff lessens the impact of the stay. I will say that if the “patient” is self-sufficient, meaning able to take care of their own personal hygiene, toileting and can be somewhat of a go-getter/ bossy they will probably fair just fine, but if you are a bed bound individual and need lots of attention and assistance, I would strongly advise a different rehab facility. My family member was at Bridgewater for six weeks and everyday it was a constant battle with the nursing staff. We were discharged and soon after we were back in the hospital, when it came time to choose another rehab center we decided to try Summer Trace at Manor Care and it was a breath of fresh air while it is an older facility the care and atmosphere is excellent. Do not make the same mistake we did.

May 08, 2013

By rje43210

I would like to commend the entire staff at Kindred Bridgewater for your exemplary care of my husband while he was living there. Everyone was so friendly, smiling and cheerful from the receptionists to all the staff members I passed in the hall. This and the outstanding level of care are part of what makes Bridgewater really stand out in my mind as an exceptional facility.

May 06, 2013

By butterfly1343

My mother was recently a patient at Kindred-Bridgewater and I am writing to thank every employee at Bridgewater for the care and attention given to my mother. Everyday, we were pleasently surprised by staff who was not responsible directly for her care, but went out of their way to help anyway. The room housekeeper always had a smile and kind words from Mom. The meal staff in the dining room encouraged her to eat when she did not want to and added sauces or whatever they could think of to help. I will add there was never, absolutely never, anyone employed at Bridgewater, whether it was on Mom's unit or just in the building, who ever showed anything but a pleasant, professional, and caring attitude.

February 22, 2013

By matter of fact granny

The facility is nice. The nurses & 99% of the staff are great. Upper management is more interested in extending your stay for revenue . They don't care for short term stays. The food is worse than any hosipal food I've ever gotten. I chose to stay in my room for meals. They were served last, cold & inedible. The "chef" couldn't have credentials. He is a jack of all trades and the same person who shows up to escort you to the bathroom. My meds were not ready upon my discharge despite atleast 18 hours notice to upper management. I waited atleast 40 minutes after my daughter had loaded the car with my belongings. I left without the meds. Kindred called another daughter later that day & we told them my kids would pick them up as soon as time permitted. My daughter stopped by after a phone call about 5 days after my check out & was rudely told meds had to be picked up within 3 days or they are destroyed. Never mind I was charged for them. NOBODY told us we had 3 days to get the meds. I asked upper mgmt. for a form to fill out to rate my stay. I asked for it 1 day prior to check out. I never got it. Kindred made sure my signature was on HIPA forms etc. so they would get paid BUT I was never given my copy as promised. I would not recomend this place in the future mostly due to the horrible food. A surgery patient certainly needs food to regain strength to go home. My kids had to bring peanut butter, jelly and bread so I would have back up food. I told atleast 3 upper mgmt. & 3 nurses about the food. I sent back several trays. Nothing was done about the quality or the fact that it came to me uncovered 50% of the time. I am a 70 year old female living on a very small social security check. I'm not able to buy expensive food but what I prepare can be eaten.

Photos of Bridgewater Healthcare Center

Features of Bridgewater Healthcare Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Bridgewater Healthcare Center

We provide specialized short-term rehabilitation, bridging the gap between hospital and home, as well as long-term care in a safe, compassionate environment that fosters independence and dignity.

Map of Bridgewater Healthcare Center