Manorcare Health Services-carlisle

940 WALNUT BOTTOM ROAD, Carlisle, PA, 17013

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services-carlisle

al9000 March 19, 2013

ManorCare in Carlisle should be shut down. The place is dirty and innefficient. I found broken glass on the floor one time! Food was well below standard. The physiotherapy was non-existant. There was no communication between nursing staff and relatives. My wife's serious medical needs were pretty much ignored and she was eventually discharged to the local emergency room in the middle of the night for a bladder infection (which the nursing staff at ManorCare misdiagnosed!)

SSOUDERS1101 August 28, 2012

The staff was amazing. Being that my grandmother is in declining health this was the second type of assisted living that she has been a short-term resident of in the past few years. The experience with Manor Care totally changed my opinion of assisted living facilities. They were encouraging with her daily therapy and care, but did not coddle or degrade her sometimes slow and temperamental efforts. They were more than accommodating of visitors which helped in my grandmother's recovery. The medical staff kept all family members apprised of her progress and gave many tips and instructions that we could use to help facilitate her recovery. Furthermore, the staff went above and beyond ensures my grandmother's comfort from admittance to discharge date. It was a relief for my family and me to leave her each evening knowing she was being cared for so well. The facility was always clean and welcoming as well as the staff courteous and actively involved in the lives of their patients. While we hope for my grandmother not to need this type of assistance in the future, it is peace of mind to know that a quality facility is nearby.

jcf22 March 07, 2012

The staf was professional, yet aloof, not too communicative, bored, tired. The facility was clean, well maintained and provided many activities. The food was better than the hospiatal but not home cooked. The rehabilative staff were fantastic. Helpful, encouraging and pushy as needed. They were well trained too.Negatively. they were not very organized. I went a day half without my insulin because their pharmacy ran out. I disputed a second shot they said I got, but did not remember. Was told I was sleeping when they gave it to me. Nurses had superior but bored and non-friendly attitude.

Angry brother June 16, 2011

My brother went to this facility for rehab! He arrived on a Friday afternoon and by Tuesday night he was almost dead! When he arrived he was eating solid food and could walk with a walker! We visited him everyday; but when we arrived Tuesday evening, we noticed that he was sweating profusely, was still in the same hospital gown that he arrived in and was not responding to our questions. When one of us went out into the hall to ask a nurse to please check him, she acted like we were bothering her and didn't have the time. She reluctively came into the room and checked him. When she did, she found that his blood pressure was very high, his blood sugar was very high and his oxygen level was very low. She called 911 and they came and took him to the hospital! The doctors there said that if he would not have been brought in, he would have been dead by morning. We went back the next day to pick up his personal belongings and his room mate told us that our brother had not been out of his bed for the whole 5 days that he was there. Furthermore, if he rang the buzzer for help, noone would come into the room until the room mate rang his buzzer, then help would come. If someone is placed somewhere for rehab, shouldn't he at the very least be taken out of bed once in a while and not left lie in bed for 5 days straight? I wouldn't send my worse enemy there, much less someone I cared about!

About Manorcare Health Services-carlisle

Manorcare Health Services-carlisle is a nursing home in Carlisle, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manorcare Health Services-carlisle for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manorcare Health Services-carlisle

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manorcare Health Services-carlisle