Regency at Canton

45900 Geddes Road,, Canton, MI, 48188

Reviews of Regency at Canton

Loving gma February 28, 2015

My grandmother was a resident of this facility and I couldn't have been happier. The nursing staff and therapist were great. My grandmother needed a lot of encouragement to get up and do things and they were all very helpful. The unit manager came and checked on her daily jut to see how she was doing. I would bring her back if ever the need came again.

Lookingoutformom February 21, 2015

I just would like to provide some information/education from my own experience 1) What some people do not understand is that there are rules/regulations/protocols in place no matter where you go. 2) Medication cannot be ordered until a person is actually admitted, no matter how much advance notice they have!! 3) it is the job of PT/OT to be "pushy" to get you back in shape. If you don't push, just do therapy when you feel good, you WON'T get better!

bigglenn99 September 25, 2014

My mother was a patient here and I am not happy with the level of care she received. They lied in her reports and said she had dementia, said she could not be rehabilitated...No one is on the same page. The building is very pretty and clean, but you need more than that and you don't get much more. The therapist give reports that are lies to the insurance companies, if you are older they want you out, it is all about the Benjamin's...

kalinmi July 23, 2014

I would not recommend this facility. Please do not be duped, like I feel I was. My mother had spine surgery and needed short term rehab, and I toured 3 local facilities. Kayla gave the tour, and was very personable, appeared to be caring and compassionate, the facility was quite clean, and the gym looked sufficient. The facility became our first choice, and I took my mother there upon her discharge from the hospital. All of my positive feelings, however, turned the complete opposite upon our arrival at the facility. The staff was not welcoming. They couldn't find a wheelchair to bring my mother in to the building, and when they finally did, it did not have foot rests, and she was too weak to hold her feet up off the ground so her feet dragged on the concrete and floor for part of the transport. We arrived at 5:30 pm and no one was on staff at the time to welcome us, give an introduction to the facility, or do an initial evaluation. We were told none of those things would be able to happen until the next day. My mother had been using a walker successfully at the hospital, but Regency refused to give her a walker while she was on pain meds and told her she had to stay in bed unless she was accompanied by a staff member or visitor. They were late giving her pain meds, and although they had 4 1/2 hours notice from the hospital that she would be arriving, they still did not have her meds on site and able to administer. The final straw was that they did not have her blood-thinner, and therefore she would have to miss her evening dose. The staff was not friendly, not welcoming or caring, and seemed quite incompetent. I was a nervous wreck at the thought of my mother staying there. After 4 1/2 hours, we had had enough, and left. I took my mother home where I am taking better care of her, and she is receiving in home OT and PT, and we are both SOOO relieved and happy we made that choice. The only positive thing I can say was that it was pretty clean. Please do not take your loved one to this place.

Caring62645750 January 26, 2014

I was in the hospital and the Regency at Canton called me three times. They wanted me to come for rehab and building my strength back up. When I first got here, I was really impressed. The buildings and the rooms are clean. There are no odors, but the food is horrible. The staff is great, except for the physical therapy department. They are kind of pushy when you are not feeling good and I don't think you should constantly push a person when they're not feeling good.

About Regency at Canton

Regency at Canton is a nursing home in Canton, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Regency at Canton for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Regency at Canton

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Regency at Canton