Regency at Canton

45900 Geddes Road,, Canton, MI, 48188

Reviews of Regency at Canton

June 10, 2016

By Francisco M

My experience here was very great and I really enjoyed my stay here!. All of the staff was excellent! Everyone here was very cordial to me which I really appreciated and I enjoyed being here with the other residents and the staff. The facility is a very nice place to be in order to get better and the staff helps to get you well very quickly. I really appreciated all of the staff in the rehab department especially Jill and Davis who pushed me to get better!

March 01, 2016

By Dana134

TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This facility is a joke, and please don't bring your loved ones here! We we first arrived no one even came to family and spoke to us. My lioved one sat on a bed pan for over an hour, and the nurse was at the station on Facebook eating. The call lights are constantly ringing, and heaven forbid they have to get up. There are some aides that were wonderful, but some of the nurses are rude, lazy, and don't care they expect your loved ones to do on their own even when they can't . They don't even order their food when they aren't able to. I went and spoke to the director Kelly who was suppose to handle this problem with the nurse who was very rude, and she did nothing. I came in the following day, and the nurse smirked at me like it was a joke. When my loved one was released they gave my loved one a paper to fill out on how here stay was I asked them where I should mail it, and they told me to bring it back to them Really so they could just throw it away, because nothing is done in a professional way they just look at you like your crazy. This really needs to be looked into! For this being a new facility I thought it would be better, so please think of your loved ones before you leave them here it all a front when your there cause when you leave it's totally different. Please don't bring your loved one here it's not what you think!!!!!!!!!

September 22, 2015

By Greenbird

I have a brother that has been there for about 6 weeks now. My first visit yes they were clean and did not smell. That was good! My brother had been there for 3 days and when I went to leave he said some thing about his bed didn't work. Looked at it and yes it,did not work. He couldn't bring head up. Went to get help and they already knew it. But done nothing about it. Until til I said they need to fix it now. He will not be staying there. We will find another one for him to live in all the help there are terrible. Fine another place.

May 06, 2015

By laura48188

I would NEVER recommend this facility to anyone. My terminally ill mother was at Regency for 3 weeks. Call lights were not answered in a reasonable amount of time (no more than 15 min is reasonable). We spent 12-14 hours a day with her. She received 1 shower in 3 weeks. According to the facility she was to get 2 per week. When I asked, they would say she was on the schedule and never came around. Each morning we found my mom soiled and sitting in a wet bed. The cafeteria would wheel the food cart down the hall and let it sit. The therapists would apologize and were embarrassed at the lack of care, but nothing was done. After call corporate twice, we resorted to contacting the state. We are not demanding people, but there comes a point when unexceptable care day after day is enough. There is not enough staff to care for the needs of these patients. If your loved one has a communication impairment or physical impairment they are left to their own devices. It was very very sad. The day we left, the staff had nothing to say. They knew they were at fault. I cannot believe this facility stays open. I fear for the safety and well being of those residents that do not have family members sitting with them every waking second. PLEASE do your research.

February 28, 2015

By Loving gma

My grandmother was a resident of this facility and I couldn't have been happier. The nursing staff and therapist were great. My grandmother needed a lot of encouragement to get up and do things and they were all very helpful. The unit manager came and checked on her daily jut to see how she was doing. I would bring her back if ever the need came again.

February 21, 2015

By Lookingoutformom

I just would like to provide some information/education from my own experience 1) What some people do not understand is that there are rules/regulations/protocols in place no matter where you go. 2) Medication cannot be ordered until a person is actually admitted, no matter how much advance notice they have!! 3) it is the job of PT/OT to be "pushy" to get you back in shape. If you don't push, just do therapy when you feel good, you WON'T get better!

September 25, 2014

By bigglenn99

My mother was a patient here and I am not happy with the level of care she received. They lied in her reports and said she had dementia, said she could not be rehabilitated...No one is on the same page. The building is very pretty and clean, but you need more than that and you don't get much more. The therapist give reports that are lies to the insurance companies, if you are older they want you out, it is all about the Benjamin's...

July 23, 2014

By kalinmi

I would not recommend this facility. Please do not be duped, like I feel I was. My mother had spine surgery and needed short term rehab, and I toured 3 local facilities. Kayla gave the tour, and was very personable, appeared to be caring and compassionate, the facility was quite clean, and the gym looked sufficient. The facility became our first choice, and I took my mother there upon her discharge from the hospital. All of my positive feelings, however, turned the complete opposite upon our arrival at the facility. The staff was not welcoming. They couldn't find a wheelchair to bring my mother in to the building, and when they finally did, it did not have foot rests, and she was too weak to hold her feet up off the ground so her feet dragged on the concrete and floor for part of the transport. We arrived at 5:30 pm and no one was on staff at the time to welcome us, give an introduction to the facility, or do an initial evaluation. We were told none of those things would be able to happen until the next day. My mother had been using a walker successfully at the hospital, but Regency refused to give her a walker while she was on pain meds and told her she had to stay in bed unless she was accompanied by a staff member or visitor. They were late giving her pain meds, and although they had 4 1/2 hours notice from the hospital that she would be arriving, they still did not have her meds on site and able to administer. The final straw was that they did not have her blood-thinner, and therefore she would have to miss her evening dose. The staff was not friendly, not welcoming or caring, and seemed quite incompetent. I was a nervous wreck at the thought of my mother staying there. After 4 1/2 hours, we had had enough, and left. I took my mother home where I am taking better care of her, and she is receiving in home OT and PT, and we are both SOOO relieved and happy we made that choice. The only positive thing I can say was that it was pretty clean. Please do not take your loved one to this place.

January 26, 2014

I was in the hospital and the Regency at Canton called me three times. They wanted me to come for rehab and building my strength back up. When I first got here, I was really impressed. The buildings and the rooms are clean. There are no odors, but the food is horrible. The staff is great, except for the physical therapy department. They are kind of pushy when you are not feeling good and I don't think you should constantly push a person when they're not feeling good.

Features of Regency at Canton

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Regency at Canton

Regency at Canton is a nursing home in Canton, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Regency at Canton for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Regency at Canton