Brian Center Health & Rehabilitation/canton

150 Hospital Cir, Canton, GA, 30114

Reviews of Brian Center Health & Rehabilitation/canton

February 27, 2015

By Ms. Tori

My grandmother has been at this facility for over a year. I've never been very impressed with them. Right now she is in the hospital due to not being paid enough attention to at the Brian Center. She was rushed to the hospital due to extremely low oxygen levels and extremely low blood pressure. The recently gave our family a call and said they had been mistaken about her weight for a while. Her real weight was that of a 10 year old. This was even after repeated concerns expressed to them about her weight. Once she arrived at the hospital, doctors said she had a heart attack, in kidney failure, has a stage 2 bed sore and in their opinion, emancipated. Completely inexcusable. I understand elderly people can change in a split second but I truly believe that if they had been paying more attention, some of this could have been avoided or lessened in severity. The bed sore, well that's a complete lack of someone doing their job.

October 21, 2014

By busch53

i stayed there for 2 weeks after a hip replacement. The staff was great and the therapy was too. I rate it 5 stars

May 29, 2013

By DSTrammell

I was a patient at Brian Center following a heart bypass last April, and was involved in short term rehab there. I was treated well and the physical therapy was excellent and effective. Being an RN I appreciated the level of care and promptness of answering call lights, and assistance requests. I felt safe and found the building quite safe. It is well lit and pleasant and the food is very good and the staff responsive to requests as to likes and dislikes. Questions were answered promptly and accurately and staff actually spent time visiting with me as well as doing their jobs well. I found the aides attentive and helpful, and liked the dayrooms and a wide variety of other patients there who seemed well taken care of. I saw no one who appeared to be in pain or needing attention. The windows are big and the place is perched atop a hill with good views of trees and greenery. There was no trouble parking or my family being allowed to visit. I liked Brian Center very much and would recommend it without reservation. The staff, RN's and LPN's and CNA's were pleasant and efficient. Even the dietary people often had a smile for you.

November 06, 2012

By A very sad singer.

I recently visited this facility with a group of singers on Oct. 26, 2012. They wheeled a group of residents into the the small dining room with a microwave and a piano. No caretaker stayed with them. Most dropped the lollipops they had just been given. One lady kept loosing her grip on her coffee over and over again. We had to keep placing her hand upright so it wouldn't spill. Finally it did spill all over her, the lady next to her, and the floor. There were no napkins or paper towels in the room to help sop up the mess. Another singer and myself went to the desk to ask for help, or at least for something to clean up the mess. Those ladies said there should be something in the room. There was not. We then asked a group of caretakers down the hall. They said there should be something under the microwave. There was not. We finally used a table cloth to sort of clean up the mess on the lady, but she was sitting in it and uncomfortable, etc. Finally after about 40 minutes, at the end of our program we were able to get help to take these residents back to their rooms. We passed the information on to these people that they needed to have their clothes changed. It was so sad that the desk or the other helpers didn't try to page a worker or something to help with the residents. I really don't think these people should be left unattended for more than an hour at a time. I would give it 0 stars, but the computer did not accept that.

June 01, 2012

By petmak

they have good help, the workers are always happy to help even with the jobs they have to endure they are always a pleasure to be around the amenities are commendable. clean bathrooms and the facility is in tip top shape. None of these places are perfect, but my grandmother was in another rehabilitation center and they were more worried about how long they could bill Medicare than how she was progressing. I have been much happier with the Brian Center, they keep me informed on her progress and the staff seems nicer. she is bathed and has clean clothes on too. she is well fed and seems to be happy with the other patients. The lighting and the overall atmosphere in the place is a tad gloomy but considering it house elderly individual it is to be expected. the parking is good for those visiting day where most of the families come to see their loved one's and the visiting hours are convenient for everybody involved. The security is good and i think i am more at ease with her there than i was at a previous facility

Features of Brian Center Health & Rehabilitation/canton

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Brian Center Health & Rehabilitation/canton

Brian Center Health & Rehabilitation/canton is a nursing home in Canton, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Brian Center Health & Rehabilitation/canton for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Brian Center Health & Rehabilitation/canton