Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc

6725 Thrush Drive, Canal Winchester, OH, 43110

Reviews of Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc

Jayne4 July 19, 2014

We've placed mom at Altercare of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc. She's been there for three weeks now. The facility is extremely clean and neat. It's just a really well kept facility and the staff is just really friendly. Everybody always says hi and speaks to you. They have a physician weekly, and a nurse practitioner twice a week, so we feel like she is being evaluated very well. It just seems like a really nice place. Mom is in a private room with TV and a phone. The dining facility looks very nice, but the food, I would say, is average. It's not outstanding, but it's far better than where she was in her rehab facility. The variety is pretty good. Mom is getting physical therapy, and I know every day they have different things going on, like bingo and movie nights. They also have different churches come in for services, different denominations on different days of the week. There is a beauty salon there. She really hasn't participated in anything yet. I haven't had any complaints yet.

Pass July 11, 2014

Lazy, uncaring, insensitive staff. The Social Worker is horrifyingly insensitive. The residents are left alone for 20 hours a day and put in diapers so the staff won't have to bother with taking them to the bathroom. The therapists and a few of the nurses and staff are great BUT for the most part those employed at Altercare of CW is lacking to say the least. The response time to patients after they've pushed their button for help is abhorrent. The communication between the Social Worker, Amy, and the patient's family is cold and abrupt. I would NOT recommend this center to anyone.

marshaj March 15, 2014

My mother came here for rehab after being in the hospital. The physical therapy seemed adequate. One of aides gave her problems about having to use the restroom so often(she was taking lasix) We also found a bag with clothing that had urine on them in her closet. An aide started to fall and either grabbed her leg or the sheet. We got two stories on what happened and this caused a very large and painful skin tear on her leg. It then got infected. It has caused her needless pain and medical bills ever since. They also refused to pay the er bill when we took her in to have it looked at after it became infected. Do not recommend!

Donna42 October 09, 2013

My mother was in Altercare for rehab after her surgery. We liked it there. It was like a private room but you shared a bath with one person. Mother liked it there and would have liked to go in long-term care there. We had her name in a waiting list but they said it would be a long time before she would ever move up on the waiting list. I couldn't wait and I needed a place immediately. The staff there was wonderful. I got along with all of them. They had a lot of activities going on and mother and I took part in some of them while she was at her physical therapy there. The physical therapy was great and she was very pleased with that. They need to extend and have more rooms for the long-term care.

Karen Gayle Stout December 19, 2012

My mother was admitted to Altercare as an Acute Post-Surgical Rehab patient, following a fall in her home that resulted in a hip fracture. She had recently been diagnosed with probable Alzheimer's Disease, and although she tried at first to do the physical therapy to recover her physical strength, it became evident that her mental deterioration was going to prevent her from ever living independently again. The behind-the-scenes technical processes involved in transitioning Mom to a Long-Term Care patient receiving Medicaid were lengthy, confusing, exhausting, frustrating, and maddening...for ME. I am grateful that Mom never knew a moment of the difficulty I was dealing with, thanks to the wonderfully upbeat and affectionate staff at Altercare. Every person who has had a hand in caring for my Mom has been gracious, compassionate, patient, respectful, and gentle with her. We have been richly blessed to have had things work out for Mom the way they have. She couldn't be in a more friendly, warm, safe, and welcoming homelike environment for her 24-hour-a-day care that she now needs.

About Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc

Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc is a nursing home in Canal Winchester, OH that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: