Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc

Overview of Ratings

4.2

October 09, 2013

By Donna42

My mother was in Altercare for rehab after her surgery. We liked it there. It was like a private room but you shared a bath with one person. Mother liked it there and would have liked to go in long-term care there. We had her name in a waiting list but they said it would be a long time before she would ever move up on the waiting list. I couldn't wait and I needed a place immediately. The staff there was wonderful. I got along with all of them. They had a lot of activities going on and mother and I took part in some of them while she was at her physical therapy there. The physical therapy was great and she was very pleased with that. They need to extend and have more rooms for the long-term care.

December 19, 2012

By Karen Gayle Stout

My mother was admitted to Altercare as an Acute Post-Surgical Rehab patient, following a fall in her home that resulted in a hip fracture. She had recently been diagnosed with probable Alzheimer's Disease, and although she tried at first to do the physical therapy to recover her physical strength, it became evident that her mental deterioration was going to prevent her from ever living independently again. The behind-the-scenes technical processes involved in transitioning Mom to a Long-Term Care patient receiving Medicaid were lengthy, confusing, exhausting, frustrating, and maddening...for ME. I am grateful that Mom never knew a moment of the difficulty I was dealing with, thanks to the wonderfully upbeat and affectionate staff at Altercare. Every person who has had a hand in caring for my Mom has been gracious, compassionate, patient, respectful, and gentle with her. We have been richly blessed to have had things work out for Mom the way they have. She couldn't be in a more friendly, warm, safe, and welcoming homelike environment for her 24-hour-a-day care that she now needs.

Features of Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc

Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc is a nursing home in Canal Winchester, OH that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rc