Campbell Hall Rehab Center

23 KIERNAN RD, Campbell Hall, NY, 10916

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Campbell Hall Rehab Center

sweetieedie February 16, 2016

Every time I walk in , she's propped in a corner, crying. Told to use diaper because they're too understaffed to take her to bathroom. Terrible urinary infection developed there. Also, any lay person knows signs of yeast infection. She begged for cream-they gave her diaper rash cream. Watched impatient staff interact with patients (who granted-some are nasty old folks.) They don't make sure patients eat. My loved one became afraid to eat because of pain afterward. Single slice of ham on stale bread, lukewarm water for tea, and a package of peaches. Overtime I've asked staff for something....not a big demand, but something like tea, I get a "yes" but it never comes. Her hair was disgusting....hadn't been monitored for a shower in weeks. Someone was stealing diapers. "Dementia" may not always be the case. Sometimes it's frustration and poor hearing, and overmedication. to keep quiet when not on a 24 hour cycle. Some of the staff has been wonderful, but spread too thin...grossly understaffed. When first admitted, It took me almost a week to phone. "I don't know how to transfer." "You're not immediate family-all I can tell you is she's stable." (I just asked for her room.) Dropped calls, sent to nursing station and got "Not available" message.

6235mammy December 13, 2015

I have seen some bad behavior in the past but overall the staff are caring and kind. My loved one has been at Campbell Hall for a few years, and things are definitely getting better. Have talked with other family members here and they feel the same way.

concerned citizen1 November 29, 2014

Other

they send their patients out for treatments with proper outerwear. I've seen patients go out in 15 degree weather with only a shirt on. They are stroke victims with limited mobility on wheelchair. How could they do that. Plus they get the same lunch to take with them everyday, peanut butter and jelly.

disapointed and disgusted January 07, 2014

please please please do your homework and find a facility that will treat your loved one like a human being. That place is disgusting and they do not take care of their residents. My loved one is always filthy and always laying in bed. They do not rehabilitate there they just let you lay in your bed and rot. It is a disgrace that this place even exists. The State needs to step in but trust me I have already started making phone calls. I am working really hard to have my family member moved asap.

tweet March 18, 2013

For long term care - stay away! They are under staffed, they don't return phone calls in a timely matter or phones ring unanswered especially weekends. My relative was unkept w/personal hygiene along w/medical neglect which was serious enough to be hospitalized and life threatening.

no heart February 28, 2013

I am so unhappy with the facility. I have a family member there and it breaks my heart everytime I have to leave. I am working on getting them out of there because I do not see them getting any better there. The place is filthy and I am so sorry to say but a very insensitive staff just so sad. If you love you family member do not put them there.

x012 October 26, 2012

On a visit to see a friend who is a resident there, I was very dismayed to see the residents lined up in the hallways, the bells ringing non-stop, the lack luster appearance of the residents, the out of date rooms. My friend seemed very unhappy and depressed and I could not help but feel that she was afraid. I could not in good conscience recommend this nursing home for long term care. If I was depressed just visiting, I can only imagine if this was my home forever.

Caring103 June 30, 2012

My ex-husband is in a nursing home in Campbell Hall, NY since last March due to an episode of endocarditis and he has COPD and is on oxygen. He has limited eye sight. He is 64 yrs old and is able to get around on his own. We are looking into assisted living for him as he will be able to be more independent than nursing home allows. But his doctors chose this nursing home because It's close to his home and the price is really reasonable. The facility is equipped for people with different levels of illness and the staff are flexible.

About Campbell Hall Rehab Center

Campbell Hall Rehab Center is a nursing home in Campbell Hall, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Campbell Hall Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Campbell Hall Rehab Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: