Payment

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of White Oak Manor - Burlington

Posted by kwillis1 April 21, 2015
1.0

My 42 year old daughter was released from the hospital to White Oak Manor for physical therapy to help her walk due to swelling and neuropathy in her legs and feet. I had already completed admission paperwork so when we arrived at White Oak there was no one to greet us or even ask if we needed anything. She was in severe pain and had been on three pain meds for 9 days. When she went there she was given only 2 hydrocodone every 4 hours. This did not touch the nerve pain. I asked at least a dozen times for the staff to page the Dr. After about the 5th time they said they did but stated that he would not respond and that this happened all of the time. I spent the night watching my daughter writhing in pain and crying. I asked them to call the EMS to take her the ER and they said they could not do this unless the Dr ordered it. It was like being in a prison. I waited until the morning shift came in and asked again for the EMS. The nurse said that they needed a Dr order but could not refuse a family member that right so they were called. My daughter had a bandage on her foot from a biopsy and during the night it had seeped on the sheet. When they heard that the EMS was coming they came into the room and rolled my daughter this way and that (she is still in extreme pain) to remove the soiled sheet. During the night I called the hospital she was released from at least 5 times and the social worker at White Oak. The hospital told me that she was now in the care of the White Oak Dr who was not responding and basically did not care and I got a voicemail for the Social Worker. The following Monday the Social Worker called me and I told her what had happened. The Administrator called later and offered my daughter a private room and assured me that she would be taken care of and kept pain free. My daughter was already pain free thanks to the Dr in the hospital ER and she has a private room at home with someone to care for her. As for physical therapy, if White Oak's PT department is like their other staff, no thanks.

Posted by Caring101928850 November 22, 2014

White Oak is the only one that we accept. I got calls from no one else when his name was put out there for his needs except that this place I found out that they do have a VA contract. My father is retired from military, so he gets a Veteran benefit from there, and it was good. They have a lot of stuff; they do crafts, play games, and they have people come and play music. They have a devotional service everyday, and it is really nice. It is one of the nicest places I have visited, and I have been to a lot of them.

As soon as I walked in the door, I said to myself and the staff knows everybody’s name. I am just so pleased, but when I walked in and my two hours of being there, reviewing the facility, I was blown away, how well nice of a place that was and the staff. Overall just looking in the patient rooms and they were taken care of. Cleanliness is top notched and excellent. My father has been there for close to three months. They call me more than I call them to update me; they are fantastic. It was more like home setting.

Posted by elwil November 20, 2013
1.0

THey almost killed my Mother by not making sure she ate lunch. Her blood sugar dropped to dangerously low number. Pulled her out of there earlier than recommended.

Posted by trevh73 October 03, 2011
4.0

I had the pleasure of visiting this facility recently while trying to decide a good fit for my grandfather. I found this facility to be very warm and inviting. The staff seemed to bend over backwards to assist the residents. It really seemed to have a family atmosphere. All of the residents I observed and spoke with seemed to really like living there. There seemed to be alot of activities for the residents to do. It was very clean and the grounds were very nice. Ultimately we decided the best environment would be home for now but I would definately recommend anyone looking for a facility to go visit.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 345301

Health
3.0
Overall
3.0
Quality