Burbank Healthcare & Rehab

1041 S. MAIN ST., Burbank, CA, 91506

Reviews of Burbank Healthcare & Rehab

Karima T. October 13, 2011

My father suffered a massive stroke which left him without his speech. We had 3 days to find a healthcare facility and after looking at even sadder places settled upon Burbank Healthcare and Rehab. My Dad's mind was still sharp and my Mother or myself would go every day to feed him. During his stay there we encountered a myriad of problems and stress from the facility and their staff. First of all, they do not change the patient's diapers regularly and the ratio of nurses to patients is staggering, that is their excuse for doing a minimal job. They deprive patients of water so they have less diapers to change and honestly, 75% of the patients are dehydrated due to this. Most of the patients upon seeing me every day and who could speak, would always ask me for a cup of water or assistance. Actually, my fiance and I were reprimanded for helping other patients whether it be to be wheeled down the hall or given a beverage. The food was substandard and most of the nurses would shove food down the poor patients throats to the point of them choking. I have witnessed all of this firsthand. God forbid your loved one is incapacitated or cannot speak because the neglect is unfathomable. The smell of feces is prevalent and they leave the diaper cart in the hallways so the smell permeates throughout the entire facility and into the patient's rooms. The majority of nurses are lazy, rude and downright ignorant. The good workers always leave for better jobs and the lazy mean ones remain to collect their paychecks. When I expressed my concerns to the head nurse, her response was that "then go somewhere else". All I was trying to do was make sure my father was changed regularly and that his smelly roommate (the man never bathed)turned down the loud television. My requests were simple and few, I just wanted my father to have some peace and dignity during his final days. If a loved one is of the Jewish faith, I would highly recommend The Jewish Home for the Ageing (long waiting list). I wept when we visited that facility because it was so clean and civilized, the opposite of this filthy prison. Please be very careful where you place your loved ones. I am grateful that we got to see my father every day and keep an eye on him. He would have died sooner than he did had my Mother and I not watched over him daily. Soon after my father was first admitted there, he contacted MRSA, the nurses first said "it's nothing", but thank God my mother knew it looked dangerous and took him to a specialist. When my father had a malignant cancer growth on his elbow, they told us it was "a wart" and to tie a string around it! Again, we took him to the doctor to have it removed. Basically it is really scary how ignorant people are in these positions of authority. Whenever I would report anything to the Head Nurse, she would babble and ask me questions about my personal life, in lieu of answering and addressing my concerns, she chose to cover up for her cruel crew's ineptitude. I would not recommend this torture chamber to anybody - Please protect your loved ones. Do not be fooled that they are located next to Calvary Church who by the way, sends volunteers (converts) to FORCE people into accepting Jesus in order to get to heaven. This facility breaks spiritual and physical laws every day. The parking lot is shared with the church and the hospital visitors are limited in spaces and although the workers are not supposed to park in the visitors lot, they do so all the time. Again, I have seen and experienced all this first hand. Please be careful in choosing a facility and make sure you or a trusted loved one keeps tabs daily if possible.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Burbank Healthcare & Rehab

Burbank Healthcare & Rehab is a nursing home in Burbank, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Burbank Healthcare & Rehab for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Burbank Healthcare & Rehab

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

• Spanish