Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center

12170 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville, FL, 34613

Reviews of Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center

Diane121563550 May 11, 2016

My dad was at Spring Hill Rehab. My experience with them was very bad. He kept falling out of his wheelchair, but they wouldn’t put a wheelchair buddy on him. They put him in the hallway, and he fell out and broke his nose. Then they put him back in the wheelchair, brought him into the TV room covered with blood and just left him there, and that’s how I found him. I ended up having to bring him to the ER because they weren’t going to do it. They’re very bad there. They did very little rehab at all and tried to help him walk, but it was very limited, and they didn’t do it for very long. We had about three nurses that we actually liked because they cared, and that’s the only thing good I can say about the staff. We complained to the director of nursing, and she didn’t do anything. I tried to talk to the person that was in charge of the whole place, and every time I called him, he wouldn’t return my phone calls. I left messages with the desk. I think they need to be shut down, so nobody can go there again because they just don’t care.

disgustedinSH March 10, 2016

My mother was a resident there for approximately six months until about January this year. I primarily visited on weekends due to distance and always found her room unclean, Several times there were problems with ants. There was always food on her face mask and her tray from hours or days before and many times there was urine unflushed in the toilet. We won't even mention the floors. Additionally, on at least two occasions she was "changed" and left in the clothing she had urinated on as well as the sheets. The staff always promised to do better but it never seemed to happen. The final straw was my brother and I having to insist they send mom out in an ambulance after she had not eaten or had anything really to drink for a week. Her breathing was short and her heart was literally pounding out of her chest. However, they did not see that as reason enough to send her to the hospital without our intervention and insistence. This, even though she suffered from frequent UTIs and CHF. We later learned that among other things she was septic. My family and I are convinced that this inattention was part of the reason for her subsequent demise. I pray the staff that works there never have to go there for care themselves. I wouldn't wish them on anyone. Now we are fighting with them to get her check refunded. Will they prove to be thieves as well? Stay tuned!

J. Mag March 07, 2016

Everyone has bad days. The staff was wonderful and always dealt with any of my concerns/questions. They took their time to make sure both me and my husband were comfortable. It was a little rocky at the beginning but I didn't know what to expect and I found out I was expecting the world. The staff did everything they could to help us from the top to the talkative housekeeper. It is a difficult job and I couldn't have done better anywhere else.

SpringHillLady October 07, 2015

In the beginning they are great about explaining how wonderful the facility is and what they offer. My father was transferred there with IV Antibiotics from a MSRA infection he caught as Oak Hill Hospital ER (read up on this and you'll see alot of MSRA over there). He has to have ten more days of antibiotics. He's been really sick and has dementia and after almost dying in the hospital he came here. Every day day somone comes and ask us "What is the plan". I am paying caregivers to stay with him 12 hours a day to help feed him, change him, reposition him etc. I realize most people are not able to do this and we're not either but it's a priority right now. The plan is to get him back at least to the point he was at. What the heck are they so concerned with a PLAN for release. They don't tell us the reason why (i.e. if we want to place him it may take time, if we're having him home he may require more care, etc) they want this plan but to bother people every day when he's still really sick is ridiculous. There were alot of medical errors on their part. The IV pump wasn't working and they don't have a spare room. They give the people who go to the bathroom in the bed baths two days a week. There are some nice CNAs and nurses that work there but Management is full of crap and will tell you anything to get you in there and then if you question anything they do they want you out. I've made friends with some of the residents and they tell me the garbage that goes on. The sad thing is that people are limited to their choice of facilities to recover in this area but they put 1,000 times more stress on your than you already have.

Anglla January 05, 2015

the staff had been very caring to my uncle.

Barb9 July 10, 2013

My husband was sent to Springhill for his second rehab. I took him out there and even called the Florida Dept. of Senior abuse. He was in a room with another man who had broken his hip. That man fell out of his wheelchair in the floor of his room and his family found him not the staff. The staff was not able to take care of my husband given his mental problem.

About Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center

Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Brooksville, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 105996

Location of Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center