Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing and Rehab Center

2720 SURF AVENUE, Brooklyn, NY, 11224

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing and Rehab Center

February 10, 2015

I don't like this community. Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing is OK, but I'm trying to get him out of there because the staff is not nice to him. Some of the housekeepers are not nice to him. They only turned nice because I started going there, but when I initially started going there, I observed how the housekeeper was treating the patients. If they were asking for something, they would fuss them out. They need to treat everybody with respect no matter what their condition. The maintenance of the place is OK. I see them mop the floor, so the floors are good. The front desk is always polite. The only problem I have is the housekeeper. I did eat there, and I didn't like the food. The food doesn't look presentable. As for activity, I heard somebody singing in the cafeteria. Then I saw they made cookies today. I know he is supposed to have rehab, but he told me they stopped doing it, and I don't know why. They won't tell me any information because I'm not the care proxy.

August 25, 2013

By Brooklyn ny usa

My mother n Law was at the Facility for a brief time, now she is deceased. But while she was at this facility, I could see the Staff took care of her needs and every other participate in such a nice way. These days some facilities do have employee who are insensitive to the elderly population. This facility gets top ratings from me. Thomas

October 14, 2011

By CIJanet

I have a sixty year old friend that had a brain tumor recently removed and she is receiving care at the facility. She has a problem with wandering in the halls so a group of us have decided to take shifts in watching her and spending time with her. The staff here is courteous and willing to assist with anything. They really appreciate the extra assistance we are providing. The wandering is hard to keep in check. The facility is clean, state of the art and very well staffed. The area is in the heart of Coney Island beachfront residential area. If you need to stay all day you should bring supplies for yourself. The facility is brand new and the only drawback is that the parking is very limited. Otherwise, from the security at the front desk to the nurses on the floor I would recommend this facility. You have to take a bus if you travel using public transportation.

October 04, 2011

By Dedicated Heart

This skilled nursing facility is located in the heart of Coney Island. It faces the water, and has an outdoor yard for the patients/ family members to enjoy. They often host gatherings during the spring/summer months. I attended a Luau there after they did their renovations and it was a blast. It was so nice to see the patients outside enjoying the music, and food. Staff members were actually engaged with the patients, calling them by name, and putting lais on their necks. There were even some patients who were hooked up to some heavy equipment that were able to participate. It actually warmed my heart. Many Nursing Homes are dreary, have a distinct odor, and show little regard for their patients but St. Joachim & Anne is not that way at all. I've witnessed nurses sitting with patients in common areas, which is something you rarely see. I've even had the pleasure of dealing with administrators in admissions which whom were extremely knowledgable. They go above and beyond in helping families with placement. They also have knowledgable social/case workers who will assist you with the Medicaid process, which as many of you may know is an extremely overwhelming task. I would highly reccomend this facility if skilled nursing care is required for your loved one.

Features of Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing and Rehab Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Church Related
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing and Rehab Center

Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing and Rehab Center is a nursing home in Brooklyn, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing and Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Saints Joachim & Anne Nursing and Rehab Center