Cobble Hill Health Center

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Cobble Hill Health Center

April 17, 2013

By pastres

My dad was a resident for about 5 months after a back operation. When he ran out of the allotted time for physical therapy that Medicare would allow, the staff refused to let me hire a PT to come to his room and refused to give him more time for PT (even when I offered to pay). Dad was left in a bed all day and night and could not walk on his own, had food brought to him that he did not like, and he started losing weight. It was only through our persistence and with the help of a home care agency that we were able to get Dad out of there. Now a year later, Dad is able to walk, goes to a PT clinic 3x a week, and has an aide at his home. It is way cheaper to get an aide at home than staying at this horrible place ($22,000 a month if you pay out of pocket). The staff were apathetic, the social worker less than helpful, and there is an atmosphere of running this place like a business. The social services director kept asking us how much money Dad had. It was a terrible experience, and I strongly urge family members to take an active role in parent care. I was lucky to be there for several days at a time, so I could see what the day-to-day was like.

January 21, 2012

By Ms. Glover

My uncle was admitted into the Cobble Hill nursing home on December 27, 2011 and the transition from the hospital to the nursing home was successful. He has been admitted for a six week regimen of antibotic infusion. Therefore he is able to do what is necessary for his own daily needs. Unfortunately, my uncle has a rooomate who is, and I believe the phrase is non-ambulatory, he is unable to walk or care for himself. I am unaware of the gentlemans conditions but my uncle complains about the level of care his roommate recieves. Just yesterday my uncle stated "This gentleman layed in his own waste for over three hours and if I needs to go into a nursing home for care that this is not the facility he would want to reside at". When visiting the facility its cleaniliness is fair, as it was the holidays and many of the staff are on vacation. Food appears to be fair, my uncle is unhappy as condiments are limited. Overall Cobble Hill Nursing Home is a place I would consider if I needed to place a family member for long term care. Location is great.

March 04, 2009

By kpt-1

My loved one stayed here

They left my mother to dehydrate and had not given her proper medication. If you have a loved one , you may want to consider another facility in the city. Rude personel is enough to scared us away for good. Thank God we got her out of there!

Features of Cobble Hill Health Center

• Cantonese
  • Hebrew
  • Italian
  • Russian

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Cobble Hill Health Center

Cobble Hill Health Center is a nursing home in Brooklyn, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Cobble Hill Health Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Cobble Hill Health Center