Cantata Adult Life Services

8700 West 31St Street, Brookfield, IL, 60513

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Cantata Adult Life Services

A ZOO March 26, 2013

My parents lived at Cantata in Brookfield. It was terrible.. The staff complained to me when my elderly Mom pooped in her pants.

CandiceF January 24, 2013

My mom was happy with the lady from Cantata Adult Life Services. She was just fantastic, wonderful person. But her hours didn't meet with what we needed her for. They required more hours per day for someone to come out. We just couldn't do that because it depends on what my mom needs. Sometimes my mom needed her more, sometimes less. So we went with a private individual because her hours are better suited to our needs. My aunt was also a resident there for about four years before she passed. We couldn't be more satisfied with them. The grounds are gorgeous, the nursing home itself is spotless, very clean, and no smell. The staff is so helpful.

Caring201973 February 02, 2012

Cantata is the new name for what had previously been the British Home and apparently its name was changed just a few weeks ago. I was told that the name change is an attempt to overhaul the stuffy image associated with the British Home. The word "Cantata" is derived from the Italian word "cantare" which means "to sing" and the name change is meant to convey a kind of new age composition of voices to care for the elderly. To my mind I never had that image of the British Home as being stodgy. I used to go biking along the bike trail just outside the home and I was more curious than anything. I had always associated the Home with Brookfield Zoo which is practically in its backyard. Nevertheless I can appreciate what the nursing home is trying to do in recreating its image. I would recommend this assisted living facility based on its cleanliness, the amount of light exposure from its modern windows and an ample size health center that also allows membership from the community. Indeed on the day that I visited I saw some very energetic seniors on bikes and tread mills and I was very impressed. These folks were trying to live life to its fullness! That along with the light streaming from the floor to ceiling windows in the lobby and throughout sold me. Like any place that you are deciding to live there are pros and cons. Another positive is the proximity to medical staff that are housed at the facility. The thing that I did not like about the facility was the rather nondescript furnishings (the chairs and tables throughout). The sitting rooms just didn't seem like a place I could relax, but that could just be my own taste. The dining room I thought was pretty generic (except for the windows). The menu did not impress me, but I will say that I did get a whiff of what smelled like peach cobbler and that was fantastic. I was told that meal preparation had been taken over by new management recently. I also did not care for the individual apartments, especially the carpet which was dark and seemed institutional. I will say that the facility was clean and smelled good. The receptionist and customer relations specialist were very nice and helpful. Overall I would recommend Cantata and this may be a great time to move here not only because of its name change, but the kind of upbeat image it is trying to promote.

About Cantata Adult Life Services

Cantata Adult Life Services is a nursing home in Brookfield, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Cantata Adult Life Services for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Cantata Adult Life Services

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Cantata Adult Life Services