Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center

4300 West Houston, Broken Arrow, OK, 74012

Reviews of Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center

momisbetter June 30, 2015

My mom was here and we were so happy with the care that was provided. The staff went above and beyond. They took the extra time to explain everything. PT and OT were awesome. And my mom got better and came home.

Sara33 June 25, 2015

I was in Forest Hills following a long illness. I wasn't strong enough for the hospital inpatient rehab so a case worker talked me into going here. I am not being over dramatic when I say I thought I would die here. I'm a younger person and was appalled by my surroundings. The food smelled and tasted like feet. My family brought in every meal for me while I was there. The physical and occupational therapy is the only bright spot in this awful place but they only can come 45 minutes a day. That is not what I was lead to believe from the case worker or representative from this facility before going. I was there 8 days and received 1 bath. The nurses are short staffed, stressed and rude. I was eventually sent back to the hospital and placed in ICU due to infection I received at this facility. I wouldn't send my worst enemy here. It opened my eyes to whole new world and one I hope to never return to.

Poor care March 18, 2015

When we take our family to a Rehab facility we expect quality care. We did not receive it at Forest Hills of Broken Arrow. In fact, we received the worst kind of care! My mom had to take several trips to the ER during the time she was there due to their neglect of watching her causing her to fall. Also, one time she had an injury and they could not tell us what happened and had to file state papers saying she had an unknown injury. I can tell you what happened. She had a horrible fall causing the whole right side of her face, her chin and her wrist to be black and blue. She looked like someone hit her in the face. Also, there is a big problem with medication being dispensed. They are short handed especially on the weekends and the wrong medication or incomplete medication is given. One time after my mom returned there from the hospital, it was over 24 hours before she got one of her seizure medications delivered. The law requires them to have medication prescriptions filled and recorded.We will not return to Forest Hills again!

Caring95696650 December 10, 2014

My husband has been at Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center a little under two weeks. The level of care is not really quite great enough for my husband's needs, but he is getting the care that is normal and good for a skilled nursing facility. He only has 45 minutes two times a day to be in a wheelchair where he can be out of the room. The place is secure enough, but they should have more nurses.

little74 May 13, 2014

This was my first time having to find a skilled nursing facility for a loved one. My father suffers from copd congestive heart failure and kidney disease. He was only in this facility four days. He was needing medical attention I asked for two days to get him to the hospital and they said everything was fine. He was weeping fluid from his legs and stomach. They left him in the wheel chair for 6 hours with no oxygen when he is on 3 liters 24/7. He was on insulin yet they gave him 10 packs of sugar for one cup of tea! He has now been in the hospital four days with ACUTE renal failure. I ask anyone that reads this please if you love the person that has to be placed in a nursing facility please dont let it be this one. This place doesn't deserve a rating what so ever! Not enough staffing, what they do have there is only there for a paycheck not to help these people getbetter. I forgot to mention he had a total of 3 hours of sleep from monday thru thursday and the rest of the time he was left in a wheel chair. The food is disgusting and not enough for people who need strength...The only reason I rated it a one is because it wouldn't let me post without it

mrksf105 January 02, 2014

It was my first experience to have to find a place for skilled nursing care for a loved one. My relationship with Forest Hills began when I chose it because the re-hab was highly reccomended and it was close to me as I would be coming on a daily basis for laundry etc...She remained at Forrest Hills from early Oct of 2012 until early January 2013 when she passed away at St. Johns. While our adopted Grandmother of over 20yrs was in their skilled nursing wing, rehab was great. However when she would push the button for help it would be forever before someone came. We had to move her on to full time nursing care due to the stroke repercussions. My biggest complaint is not enough caring care for these residents. The bathrooms are NOT made for a wheelchairs! Their bathes are in another room and she complained all the time how cold it was when she was taken for a shower. I observed multiple times when I was there after they took her to the toilet and she cleaned herself, they put her back in the chair and into her bed without washing her hands. She had one hand that worked....so toilet cleaning and eating your food with unclean hands can be disasterous! I would always wash her hands and I brought it to the attention of the desk nurse, but it continued! When she had her food brought to her room....they just sat it in front of her with no help. She was legally blind and paralyzed on one side! I was in the process of securing her another room in another facility when she suddenly got pneumonia on a Thursday...went to the hospital that night and was gone by Sunday night! I saw her on Monday and she was fine, my husband saw her Wed night and she was fine except they had hit her arm going into the bathroom and he stayed until they were able to calm her pain. I have to rate this facility to leave my review, I hope it will help you as you look for care that your loved one needs. I asked for 3wks to talk to the Dr before she passed and she never contacted us. The rooms are a nice size, toilet area is so not for handicap residents and there are too few people to care for patients! If the residents go to the dining hall for their meals, all the help goes there to get everyone fed and Ive witnessed NO ONE on the floor for those who remain in their rooms! I thought the things they offered for social time would be right up her alley, but she never wanted to go. It made me sad because this just wasnt her. I found out later that where her stroke happened, it most likely cut off her social desires! That might be a great class for those caring for these residents as they become frustrated trying to engage them when it isnt their fault at all.....it is just the residual of what a stroke can leave.

gijomom2 November 22, 2013

My 90 yr old father is in for rehab & IVs. This place is fairly clean but if you press the help button be prepared to wait forever. Most of the time you never see anyone in the wing. You better be able to take care of yourself in here or you'll never get a drink or anything. The only time you see a nurse is for meds. They have trouble getting food that he can eat without teeth. Unbelievable! I feel like I have to be there or he is completely ignored.

Caring71637650 October 26, 2013

I am not impressed with Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center and that's one of the reasons I started looking for another facility. They left all of her clothing in the laundry and I have to replace it. They do not communicate well with me at all and I had threatened them that I would call the health department to get anything done. As far as the aides and nurses, they are outstanding. But once you get out of her hallway it is not a pleasant experience although she does say that the food is really, really good.

Rick8 May 31, 2013

From what I can understand there seemed to be quite a bit of stuff that they need to improve on. They had a lot of hospital workers there that were very nonchalant and very unprofessional. However, the last time I visited Forest Hills, it seemed like a nice enough place.

Patti 3 October 05, 2012

The room my mother-in-law was in was more geared to Alzheimer's and dementia. They did take care of her and she stayed in Forest Hills for almost three months. The only thing that we dislike about them was there wasn't down-home cooking like meatloaf and pot roast or vegetable and fruit. They would have a sandwich that they had to make, but everything else was pre-prepped and all they had to do was heat it up. So to me, that was kind of like a TV dinner.

mogo December 21, 2011

Nice facility with poor staffing. Would not take anyone else here. Mother was allowed to fall twice last resulted in compression break of vertebrae.

sheinemann November 16, 2009

Poorest Care Facility

My father was a resident. He was there for physical therapy following a stroke. He had little bowel control. He developed a severe case of what can best be described as diaper rash that became open wounds. The wounds became infected because he sat in his own filth most of the day until a family member came to visit and had him cleaned up. After just a few weeks at the place the infection had spread. He was found unconscious and his organs had begun to shut down. He was admitted to a hospital, place in intensive care and died a few days later.

About Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center

Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Broken Arrow, OK that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center