Reviews of Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility

Posted by Boatman125 April 30, 2015

My mom recently had a knee replacement surgery and our Dr. reccomended Queens Boulevard for the rehab required to get her back on her feet. The care there was very good. Our therapist Wendy was firm yet gentle with mom and had her walking better then me by the time she left. Our nurse Frankie was so helpfull and always had time to answer our questions. I also want to thank Beena from the fiscal office. They explained everything about our bill and seemed genuinely concerned about mom. The place was clean and didn't have any bad odors. Even the food was decent. It's not a 5 star restaurant but my mom who is very picky always had something she liked.

Posted by Datrebil t April 21, 2015
1.0

I have visited the facility many times. The nursing staff is extremely helpful,. The office help doesn't know how to handle anything. I waited six months for my sister to receive her social security checks there and finally had to do the work myself. They now have the audacity to say it was done by them. I cannot and will not accept their lies. If necessary I will report them to the state.

Posted by Lucretia April 07, 2015

My name is Lucretia Marinescu and I am writing to express my gratitude to your wonderful staff during my stay at your facility.Specially thanks to : Ahmed Rabat,Maria Basora,Morales Green, Mrs Vendy & Theresa. Thank you to everyone !!!!!

Posted by FamilyFirstAlways February 22, 2015
1.0

The facility is beautiful and well taken care of but the staff- that's another story. SUPER under staffed and employees are not helpful and rude. I am a frequent visitor because I currently have a family member residing at the facility. I've seen the nurses ignore the cries and buzzers from the patients rooms. There's been numerous amounts of times where I've helped a patient because the staff just didn't care or were "too busy" doing something else. The house keeping staff is LAZY. They will throw the patients clothing in the drawers and have even damaged clothing because hanging a sweater on a hanger was just too complicated for them. It's sad, these are the people we're suppose to trust to care for our family.

Posted by Caring92398650 August 27, 2014
4.0

My mother is staying at Queens Boulevard Extended Care. The rooms are very nice; they're excellent. The staff is very friendly. We are very happy. I will not say the food is excellent, but it's OK.

It's good and very neat. I like the environment. I like the furniture there, especially the way they set up the beds. Two of the beds were by the window and I liked it. Very bright.

Posted by caring2817 May 24, 2013
4.0

My mom had surgery at the hospital for an inflamed gall bladder and then they found out that her coronary arteries are pretty blocked. But because she's already 90 years old they could not operate, so they took her to the Queens Blvd Extended Care. She needs care for twenty four hours a day, which we can no longer accomplish here at home. The staff is 50/50; there are some good nurses and some bad ones, which is the same in all the nursing homes. All in all, I would say that it's a pretty good place; as good as you can expect. They give her all kinds of medicines to keep her more or less alive. It's more or less a situation where they try to take care of her as best they can and she's getting adjusted to the place.

Posted by Caring389018 August 03, 2011
4.0

I visited this facility when I was looking for a place for my grandmother to stay for long-term care. I expected the place to be like a hospital because of its size and outdoor appearance, but it is actually very nice and homey inside. I went to visit on a Saturday around 3pm, a time when nursing homes are usually dead, but this place was bustling and full of families, kids, patients, etc. It was a warm environment.

On each floor, the residents were crowded in front of the TV, but they looked entertained (versus at other places where the residents are forced to sit around doing nothing at all). I got a very good impression of the place. I spoke to a resident who said it was a "great nursing home" and all of the nurses I spoke to said they liked their jobs. Obviously they could have been lying, but they seemed sincere. The care of patients really depends on how happy the nurses are!

Since my grandmother did not end up moving here, I do not know exactly how the care is. But I can say that I got a very good impression of the facility, and it is in a great location, right next to a bus stop and close to the subway (7). It is a huge facility that feels warm, homey, and hospitable. The rooms are average size.

Medicare Ratings