Putnam Ridge

46 Mt Ebo Road North, Brewster, NY, 10509

Contact Now

Reviews of Putnam Ridge

AMT3465 July 22, 2015

Transferred my mom from hospital for short rehab stay. There was no orientation or assessment on admission, no nursing intervention to advise on whether or not she could ambulate on her own, no vitals taken or meds given. The oxygen tube they provided was 4' long, not nearly enough to get to the bathroom. Luckily I had brought my own extension. The heat was on in her room (during a heat wave), causing her to have labored breathing. I was told I could take her back to the hospital if I wanted. DO NOT BRING YOUR LOVED ONE TO THIS FACILITY.

LizKrista November 17, 2014

My fatherinlaw spent a month in this REHAB. Excellent, too notch doctor in facility, diagnosed problem w temporary sundowning and mental confusion. Aides are very few, but most are caring. Expect what needs to be done and zero extra. Aides anywhere get paid very little and bare bones staff is what exists here. At night, one aide has two wings to get occupants ready for bed. My fatherinlaw needed to be in bed by eight and they came later. Everyone wheeled in community room and those that were aware, fought over TV program. No interaction with staff, just left in Community Room early in morning till lunch. Put Ridge, like every other place, has glossy brochure with all they do. Every few days they have an activity but other hours no stimulation. The rest is up to you or hire someone to watch over your loved one and keep them stimulated. Food was horrid in Put Ridge, slop. No nutrition here. All levels of care are pushed together.. Some that scream out all day and on and on.

Jack M. March 13, 2013

Putnam Ridge is brand new, beautiful, and state-of-the art facility. They teach the patients how to get in and out of the cars. The therapists are very patient. A lot of the residents like my uncle don't feel good or they don't think they feel good and they just want to lay in bed. But they let us know promptly that Medicare will not pay if my uncle doesn't go to two PTs a day.

GrandsonS September 26, 2012

Putnam Ridge Nursing home is under the NYMED family of nursing homes. My grandmother was in that nursing home while recovering from a server hip injury. My grandmother received appropriate medical care during her stay, My only complaint regarding her care was the staff. At times the staff were rude and sometimes even disrespectful and there were several issues of a language barrier between the clients and staff. there was an awesome nutritionist that would do specialized meal planning for the clients in there care but the food sometimes was cold by the time of consumption. The kitchen was also down stairs right next to the morgue and laundry room which made me feel uncomfortable. The facility was in overall safe and clean condition with the exception of a nauseating odor of urine. one of the main problems that concern me was that there was a locked and secured unit for the altimeters and mentally unstable clients and some of the clients would learn the door code and get out. the other concern i have about the facility is that there is no security.

silverstarz25 August 13, 2011

I am most familiar with the B(birch) section of the nursing home. Some of the aids should find other proffessions other than caring for the elderly, it is just not for them! The family is asked to leave the room while the aids are caring for the residents..this is outrageous, especially when the spouse is forced to leave the room! One worker in particular named, Andrew was heard shouting at the resident he was caring for. Another aid named Kiesha, is EXTREMELY RUDE and is always angry for no apparent reason. How is it the residents' fault that she is miserable with her life?! I think it is very degrading and depressing for the residents to have to be under the care of hostile and rude individuals, in a sense it robs them of their dignity! When a person is ill and forced to live away from their family, it's sickening for them to have to endure such treatment for the remainder of their days! I do have to say though, there are some staff members that do seem nice. Because of a few individuals that infect this place, and the apparent lack of action by authority, I would certainly not recommend this nursing home to anyone!

ellenrc July 29, 2010

Putnam Ridge

This facility is great if all you are going for is Rehabiliation. When it comes to the Skilled Nursing section, it is essentially a warehouse for the elderly and dying. There is no personal touch at all in the care that is provided here, it is an assembly line of skilled nursing care. Dressing, bathing and feeding etc without a bit of compassion or caring. People are always put together so that they can be observed without too much effort from the staff. My advice is to find somewhere else to house your loved one.

From Putnam Ridge

Putnam Ridge is a 160 bed Skilled Nursing Facility. We offer Short Term Rehab, Long Term Care, Secure Memory Unit, Respite, Hospice, and a Medical Model Adult Day Care Program. Our skilled services include TPN, tracheotomy care, IV antibiotic's, colostomy care, wound care, and pain management. We have a full time Medical Director, and Nurse Practitioner. Our short term residents receive 3 hours of rehab per day 7 days a week. Specialized activities throughout the facility that are geared at meeting each residents interest. We offer restaurant style dining in our newly remodeled dining rooms.

When you can't be home be here!

Features of Putnam Ridge

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care

• Home Sale Assistance

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

• Pets: All Pets Allowed.

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

Location of Putnam Ridge