Casa Mora Rehab & Extended Care

1902 59th Street W, Bradenton, FL, 34209

Reviews of Casa Mora Rehab & Extended Care

March 28, 2015

By Marsha23

My mom is in Casa Mora, and I think it has been very good. I live around the corner, so that makes it very convenient for me, and it is slightly across the street from a hospital, which makes it easy for her as she had to go to the hospital twice. It is very clean, and it has been re-modelled. The administrator that I work with has been very cooperative and helpful. I think it is a good place for her right now. I don't know if she wants to stay there forever, but at this time, she needs a lot of nursing care. She even needs to be fed because she injured her right elbow so she can't lift a spoon or fork, and they are taking care of her. The rooms are in good size. She had her own private room. It has a table to set up TV and a closet. The thing that I think good about Casa Mora is that they have new flooring. It has a beautiful, nice, clean floor. It seems like they are very good about cleaning and keeping everything really clean. It doesn't smell like some places. My mom doesn't do any activities right now because she is hurt. She dressed every day, goes to her wheelchair, and sits herself by the door, and she has some friends that come from their doors and hang out in the hallways. She didn't really go the dining hall or anything like that. The food is good. The only thing about the food is that sometimes it is not as hot as she likes it to be because it has to come from a long distance. It is a pretty big facility, so it has to be brought from the kitchen. She has an ulcerated colon, and there are a lot of things that she cannot eat, so they are trying to work with her diet.

February 09, 2015

By ladydisis

If there was an opportunity to rate zero stars, that is what I would have selected. There are obvious signs that under staffing impacts the quality of care that a patient receives. However, this does not seem to prevent cna's from congregating to have idle chit chat in view of both patients and visitors. I see little in the way of quality of life ... patients sitting in the rear of rooms without contact, the ability to interact with others or obtain help if needed, sitting with their backs to windows, or facing a wall and not able to view a tv program. There was a decrease, then a total loss in interest in participation in activities.The method of calling for assistance in patients room was not within reach. Dietary services were inadequate ... tasteless, barely warm, a diet served that was not as ordered by physician. Obvious actions and signs of negligence that resulted in acute care, invasive treatment, as well as near death episode. This reminds me of what institutions were like 40-50 years ago. This indeed does not reflect efforts to provide mediocre, let alone the best in quality of life and care practices.

September 12, 2014

By Warrior mom

The patients rooms are always above 80degrees. Staff always has time to hang around nurses station while patients need help. They only bathe patients 3 days a weeks (for those who need help) the respiratory therapist is there one day a week only! Patient was immobile and needed to be turned every two hours. Left the first night there and 13 hrs later patient was exactly where he had been left the night before. I would not send my dog here!

March 27, 2014

By Gail21

My step-mom is at Casa Mora. She's got Alzheimer's, so there is not much we can do. Although I don’t get to visit her much, I can see that their rooms are OK. I think they just need to provide services for the patients for hygiene, like getting haircuts and having their nails cleaned.

April 27, 2009

By Susan-3

I have visited facilities for over 40 years, in several states. Casa Mora Rehab reminded me of the care given to residents 40 years ago. The type of place, that you hope you are never sent to as the need arises for care. The smell or urine coming into the front door was overpowering. I was given a tour around 6PM. I saw people in the hallways in hospital gowns with their arms outstretched begging for attention. As I passed the rooms, I saw patients sitting half-dressed with the gowns slipping down their backs staring out the window at the rain. The rooms were chilled because of the rain. All that I could think of as I passed the rooms is that the residents had to be cold.

Features of Casa Mora Rehab & Extended Care

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Casa Mora Rehab & Extended Care

Casa Mora Rehab & Extended Care is a nursing home in Bradenton, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Casa Mora Rehab & Extended Care for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Casa Mora Rehab & Extended Care