Bowling Green Health and Rehabilitation Center

120 Anderson Avenue, Bowling Green, VA, 22427
Claim Listing

Reviews of Bowling Green Health and Rehabilitation Center

YCephas June 22, 2016

I have been to Bowling Green for therapy a couple of times now and after knowing how well they take care of you, I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I always know what to expect coming in but someone always goes above and beyond when I'm here and helps make me feel right at home. I appreciate all the help that I'm always given; everyone is always nice. They started a new dining program since I was here last time too and I really liked that. It makes you feel like you're eating in a restaurant with the way they serve and wait on you.

WReynolds June 13, 2016

I have been to this facility for respite care a couple of times. Anytime that I need a little getaway, I come here and it feels just about like home. Everyone here goes above and beyond and are always really nice. I enjoy meeting new people in the activities that the facility provides and have fun eating 'restaurant style' in their dining room. I have made some good friends in the times that I've been here and really appreciate the time that everyone took to spend with me.

Sugar Pie January 26, 2016

Bowling Green is the one that I like best. The people are very friendly. They have activities for the residents. They have a courtyard that is really nice and they can go out there. They have screens on the wall that they can touch and see what is going on. They also have a computer available for them if they want to go online. My mother plays the piano and they have a piano in the activity room so she can go down there and play the piano.

They tried to fix the dining room so it is not just a dining room. They can go down and they have a buffet where they can choose food, then they can sit down and the staff plates them like in the restaurant, so it has that restaurant feel. They can have three meals day if they want or they can stay in their room. The other thing that I love about them, they let us bring my mom and dad’s own bed into the nursing home.

Col Thomas 1963 June 03, 2015

My mother was a patient in Woodmont and in Bowling green back in 2012- 2013 and wow the team that they have running the place now is top notch. I'm a retired Colonel in the Marine Corp and I have high expectations. I thought my mother was in the Hampton Inn. They have a dining area for just rehab patients and they have someone there serving you like you were in a restaurant "and the food was better than my mothers cooking". I went in the dining room last weeks and they were actually serving ribs! Can you believe it..... Her room was renovated- TV's on the wall, ceramic tile in the bathroom, freshly painted, new curtains and shiny floors and you cant beat that southern hospitality!!! Tara in Admissions was great and she told me to go see the other buildings closer to me in Fredericksburg and come see here last and I'm glad I did "save the best for last"! I loved watching HGTV and the history channel when I visited my moms room. I can't say enough about the team there- they got momma back home walking. Josh, Beth, lucielle and Steve in rehab was great. I trust them with my mom after visiting Carriage Hill and Woodmont... I wasn't impressed with them at all... I asked the Discharge planner in the hospital where would she send her mom and she said Bowling Green 1st and it was worth the 25 minute drive from my home.

HitechGranny76 September 17, 2014

Amazing nurses kept me well informed of my care. Everyone showed genuine care and concern for me. Even the cooks came down to see how I liked my food. All my medicine carried over from the hospital without a problem. All that is southern hospitality with health care competence at its best!

Very mad! July 13, 2014

My sister was admitted a month ago. During that month she was not given thyroid meds she has been on for years. Anyone with medical back ground knows how critical a problem this is. She got sick and layed in bed for nearly 24 hours vomiting and running a fever of 102. None of the staff ever called to let us know she was ill. Upon "insisting" she be taken to the hospital, we were told there has to be a Dr order in place first. Now she is at Mary Washing with a blood clot in her lung and Pneumonia. Since this, the rehab center has informed us that in order to hold my sister's bed, we have to pay an additional $263.00 per day in addition to the insurance payment. Seems to me they are more concerned about the income than the well being of the patients. I wish we had other alternatives. Further more the med list Bowling Green Rehab sent to Mary Washington , listed medications she is highly allergic to, as being "not allergic". If you care about your loved one, don't put them in this facility.

Openeyes7 January 20, 2012

Great place to have loved ones to stay in if you can visit daily. Very clean, offer 24 hour staff (CNA and head Nurse). Very nice look and feel, may be do to being a small place. Offer single and double rooms. Very nice game room and lunch room. Clients seemed well groomed. Just a little concern about shortage of CNA staff.

SoRoc June 22, 2011

My mother lived at this facility for several months after being released from the Mary Washington Hospital. It's tucked away in the tiny town of Bowling Green.

The facility was clean and well kept, the staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't worry about my mother's care while she was there.

The rooms are rather small, and my mom had to share her room with another patient. I'm unsure if single rooms are available.

The facility didn't have any "extras." The room didn't have a TV, however we were allowed to bring in a small one from home. The rooms had a very basic "institutional look" similar to a dorm room very plain but clean and sufficient.

Resident laundry is done by staff onsite, we were pleased with the service, no missing items. There is also a dining facility onsite, my mother enjoyed this amenity.

About Bowling Green Health and Rehabilitation Center

Bowling Green Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Bowling Green, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Bowling Green Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Bowling Green Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Bowling Green Health and Rehabilitation Center