Bothell Health Care

707 228th St. SW, Bothell, WA, 98021

Reviews of Bothell Health Care

September 30, 2011

By feeling helpless1

My Mother is a resident of this facility and has been for a long time. It was previously owned and operated by different people than are there now. The people who own and administer it now are excellent, however, I still see a disconnect between what the administrator says should happen with my mother's care and what actually does happen, and I must say, that so very often I am really dismayed with what I see as far as her care at the resident/nursing assistant's level. It's getting better, but most of the time, I feel like pulling my hair out. They have nice amenities, but I wish they had more rooms or spaces where families could go to meet or talk about their loved one's situation, or where we could rest if we are there for many hours. The facility is very nice and they are making even more improvements.

June 21, 2011

By An Eldercare Worker

This is strictly a skilled nursing and long-term care facility that has a memory care unit, with doors that are locked and coded for safety. The location is right off of I-405, so there is easy access for visitors"”and plenty of parking. Overall, Bothell Health Care feels a bit dark, not as happy and bright as it might be. There is a little outdoor patio area"”and a TV room with a small window, but not much else pleasing to the eye or senses. The individual rooms are pretty small and on the skilled nursing side, two people are placed in every room. In the long-term care side, there are four in a room"”which can feel a bit crowded and busy. There is a window, shared sink and bathroom facilities in most rooms. But the whole place feels a little institutional, similar to most skilled nursing homes. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. The care from nursing staff is especially good; the nursing staff seems to be aware of new developments in residents and of any complicating factors they may be experiencing. There is also a good therapy department for those who need physical, speech, or occupational therapy. However, one unfortunate thing I have witnessed a couple times is that people who were supposed to be on quarantine were out wandering freely among the other residents. One unique feature that's a real convenience for residents is that a mobile imaging unit for CTs or MRIs periodically visits the facility. That saves them the bother and expense of going outside the facility for such tests. Foodwise, there aren't choices at any of the meals; residents must simply eat what's being served that day. There is an activity department"”and church services are offered, along with a group that reads the paper together daily. Other than that, there aren't many activities or organized outings offered. And for that reason, Bothell may be best for people who have family or friends nearby to visit to keep them entertained and engaged.

About Bothell Health Care

Bothell Health Care is committed to providing quality health care services to our community. As a team, we strive for success in bridging the gap between hospital and home in a warm and friendly environment. Should we become your home, we are committed to improving your quality of life. Bothell Health Care is our community's facility of choice for residents, families, physicians and employees.

Bothell Health Care is locally owned and operated. The Executive Director, Julie Bingman, is both an owner and an RN. She has had a life of service in skilled nursing facilities, starting as an aide in high school, then, after earning her RN degree, working up through the system, first as a nurse, then as a Director of Nursing, followed by positions as Executive Director (ED), Regional Director and Divisional Director. As a Divisional, Julie had responsibility for as many as 34 skilled nursing facilities in the Northwest. Now she focuses all of her attention in serving the residents of Bothell Health Care.

Map of Bothell Health Care