The Laurels of Bon Air

Overview of Ratings

2.2

March 17, 2015

By Evelyn43

We were referred to the Laurels of Bon Air by several church members after my mother had fallen and broke her hip. The staff at the Laurels were very attentive and made sure she was comfortable and free of pain, which was very important as she has dementia and didn't understand fully what was happening. The rehabilitation and nursing staff were wonderful! They spoke to her, not at her and spent the time to get to know her, which made all the difference in the world. When she had a set back and had to return to the hospital for a few days, a representative came to visit several times and brought her a get well card to cheer her up. Mother was made to feel truly special. I would highly recommend the Laurels of Bon Air to anyone in need of therapy or nursing care!!

March 11, 2015

By Ronald15

My wife has been at the Laurels for almost two years. There are people who do their job, and then there are people who do it just to get it done; it depends on the shift. There is a good bunch of nurses and RNs in there. They play bingo, they have pastors that come in, and they take them shopping sometimes if they are capable to leave the building. They take them to Walmart or to visit some places. There were better places, but they were too far away. Where my wife is, I can go in the assisted living, and it would be convenient; I wouldn't have to drive or anything. Overall, it is pretty good. They have made some big changes right after we got in there. The food has improved and everything.

December 03, 2013

By love one

I visited the nursing home facility. Is it true that that patient can't have a phone in their room? The rooms are nice size so why can't why can't they have some of their own furniture? Some personal items would make them feel like home.

November 27, 2013

Dad was at the Laurels of Bon Air. They didn’t bother to bathe him. They said they didn’t have the facility to bathe him. It's just disgusting. They just don’t take care of these older people. It was pathetic. Everything is clean and there's no problem with that. It didn’t have a smell when you go in there, but he got the same meal every night. He was on pureed diet and they never change his menu. He didn’t get the treatment that he needed there.

October 23, 2013

Mom was at The Laurels of Bon Air just for strengthening, an after-hospital stay to get her back feeling comfortable on her feet. The staff were very nice. Her room was fine, not luxurious, but it was clean. She didn't have any issues with the food there. She was happy with it. It is a bit institutional feeling. As far as everything else, it was fine.

July 28, 2013

By Jimwalb

A horrible place, my mom entered post heart surgery on a friday, no staff, no nursing care. Said no professional care until Monday? No one to help her in & out of bed so she wet her bed over and over with no response from staff, did not have doctors orders for meds or other critical care, in one day she degraded with lack of care to vitals crashing, and needing to call 911 to return to the hospital

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of The Laurels of Bon Air

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About The Laurels of Bon Air

The Laurels of Bon Air is a nursing home in Bon Air, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Laurels of Bon Air for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Laurels of Bon Air