Universal Health Care / Brunswick

Overview of Ratings

3.5

September 05, 2012

By thishomesucks

I came to visit my grandfather at this facility. He was on contact isolation which required gowns, gloves and mask. On my first visit his floor nurse stated we didnt have to take any precautions it was ok to enter the room without gowns, gloves, or mask. On that same day we I arrived I found my grandfather at a side chair with his bell ringing and he was yelling someone please help me to the toliet. No one showed up for 20 mins and then when they did, they had to get the universal precautions because the previous shift had not re stocked the universal precaution station out side his room. On the following day I arrived and the scent of poo was the first smell when you entered the building. The smell was coming from my grandfathers room. We I got to his room, yet again his bell was ringing and he had a pooy diaper on. Yet again we had to chase someone down to get him cleaned up. My aunt (who had POA) told us that my grandfather had a contagious bowel disease which is caught in nursing homes. So I googled the information, and it is required for the room to be sanitized with bleach to kill the bacteria. Activia is recommended to get good bacteria in his bowels. It can dehydrate you. So the next day the troops showed up to sanitize my grandfathers room. We wiped everything down with clorex wipes, stripped the bedding and sanitized the bed, wheelchair, and the charge nursing got upset. She got the head house keeping supervisor down to his room and had the staff disinfect my grandfathers room. Not to mention I request the floor be mopped, it was sticky and there was a brown spot on the floor. On the same day we showed up to sanitize the room the floor still hadnt been mopped. The housekeeping staff stated the floor needed stripped and rewaxed. They stated they would strip the floor and rewax it on Monday. We on Monday my aunt showed up to find my grandfather covered in poo from head to toe. His bed sheet werecovered in poo. His urine bag had leaked all over the floor under the bed. It took 30 mins for anyone to show up and get my grandfather cleaned up. The CNA who had been helping us, was told not to go and clean up my grandfather until she worked her way to his room. Do not make a special trip to his room. For a 90 bed facility on Tuesday there was only 3 CNA working. Oh, and they tried to give my grandfathers dinner away on the second day. If we hadnt been there he would not have ate. This facility needs to be closed!

June 07, 2012

By b/w

my mother in law was at this nuring home for 2 years the last 6 month it was alful she was band on a leg like she was in prison because she wanted to go out side i was told they did not have time and was short staffed to take care of taking them out side her toenail had grown so long they were under her foot and she was walking on them we are still trying to straighten the ingrown toe nail this caused she is 93 years old and did not deserve this to happen to her we have moved her to leland house in leland and she and us could not be happier i hope all the family please keep a close eye one your love one that are there

May 22, 2012

By Happytobehere

Universal Healthcare is an excellent facility. My mother was there for recovery from her hip surgery and we could not hae asked for a better experience. The administration was excellent and the nursing care superior !

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Universal Health Care / Brunswick

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Universal Health Care / Brunswick

Universal Health Care / Brunswick is a nursing home in Bolivia, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Universal Health Care / Brunswick for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Universal Health Care / Brunswick