Woodward Hills Nursing Center

39312 WOODWARD, Bloomfield Hills, MI, 48304

Reviews of Woodward Hills Nursing Center

Fab engineer May 25, 2013

Wow, I can say the building and grounds are lovely. The therapists and nurses are for the most part excellent. The nurses try very hard but the management arranges the nursing assignments in a very disorganized way. A nurse from one hallway may have a hand full of patients on different hallways! This results in those patients not having proper care or supervision and it is really abusive to the nurses that are running literally non-stop to cover their assignments. It seems to me that the people in the offices don't care, it's all about numbers and money but not the care of the patient or the sanity and support of the staff. I heard the director of nursing scream at nurses to answer lights and saw how shaken the nurses were as they tried frantically to cover two or more hallways. This is not by any means the fault of the nurses but clearly the fault of those in charge. It seems they are out of touch. My mother is improving, thank goodness I am able to spend several hours each day with her to insure she is safe. Once again I want to say that although the facility is pretty, the owners and management don't seem to understand how hard their staff works and the very adverse conditions they work under are because of the managements decisions to divide patients among nurses that are already overworked and stressed. I wish the management would listen to family members such as me and understand the basis of good care starts with a staff that are not abused.

Social Worker # 1 November 14, 2011

I visited Woodward Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing facility in December, 2010. In general, I thought that Woodward Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing facility was an excellent choice for someone that is looking for a placement for a friend or family member. Woodward Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing facility is beautiful both interior and exterior and an excellent choice for placement for a friend or family member. It is just simply gorgeous and breathe taking with a picture look.

The grounds of the facility are beautiful and very well maintained and coordinated. The common areas are also beautiful and the surrounding neighborhood is beautiful and has picture perfect views all around it. The common areas are surrounded by acres of land, flowers and greenery for miles and the view is just breath taking. The entire facility also has a picture perfect view both interior and exterior. The facility is huge but it is just gorgeous and so beautiful that it looks like a picture you can imagine the beauty of this facility. The resident's rooms are picture perfect with all matching d├ęcor in fuchsia, royal blue, and cranberry with a touch of white, and turquoise blended in the; bedspreads, carpet, wallpaper, walls, and sofas in the patients rooms. Woodward Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing facility just looks so unreal it is so very tasteful to the eye. The food looked gourmet and delicatessen style as if it was ordered by a famous gourmet restaurant. The residents were happy, interacting, and socializing with one another. The residents conveyed to me that it was a lovely place to live and to visit. The facility did not smell and had automatic room deodorizers that automatically release a beautiful scent throughout the entire facility.

The staff and management of the facility are very nice, very professional, and very team, task, oriented in their job duties and performance. I think the residents receive excellent and professional care there. The staff was always in sight and asking the residents if he/she needed anything.

While I was there, I noticed that the staff, management and the residents all communicated very well together and that the staff and management treated the residents like family. I would give Woodward Hills a five star rating for their excellence and expertise in patient care.

Overall, Woodward Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing facility is an excellent choice for someone that is looking for an elegant, sophisticated, picture perfect view and picture perfect look for a friend or family member. I would recommend it to everyone, anyone, and for people over 50 because I know that they would do well there and I know that they would like it there.

lanneberg September 30, 2011

My grandmother was in this Michigan facility when she was in her late nineties. She passed away while staying there, from congestive heart failure. The staff at the facility was quite kind and caring. She needed help with bathing and eating and they did a good job. It is hard to have a relative in such a facility, especially when they are losing their memory. The main improvement that I could suggest is that they could call the family more promptly when the patient's condition changes. The facility had a good feeling, nice food for the patient, and a good atmosphere. The best part was the view to the outside from her room. Her room overlooked a nice garden area, and it was really uplifting. It seemed that most rooms at this facility had this same good view. This inspiring view had trees and a small stream, which were both soothing.

KRK188 August 02, 2011

Beautiful building,furnishings but unfortunately it doesn't make up for staff {not enough}, or unattentive care. The rehab was poor,we have done better since my parent has come home.NOT RECOMMENDED!

About Woodward Hills Nursing Center

Woodward Hills Nursing Center is a nursing home in Bloomfield Hills, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Woodward Hills Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Woodward Hills Nursing Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Woodward Hills Nursing Center