St. Martin's In the Pines

4941 Montevallo Road, Birmingham, AL, 35210

Reviews of St. Martin's In the Pines

1812 Overture June 05, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

When it comes to St.Martin's of the pines I wish I could rate it 0 stars. My uncle had resided there for 3 months while battling lung cancer. I do have to say it looked nice, but that nice look covers up there poor service. When it comes to the nurses I dont know if they forged their nursing certificates or what. It seemed like theyjust didnt care at all. The young nurses were more interested in chatting then helping people. My uncle was in bed rest, and he was having trouble breathin we had pushed the nurse button and for 35 minutes nobody came. When we were searching for nurses nobody knew who the nurse was, and nobody helped. We were panicked our family member was sitting there turning blue and the other nurses nor us could figure out who was suppose to be there to help. If nobody else can see a problem with this they must be heartless. When we finally did find the nurse they acted as if there was nothing wrong with the fact that it took close to an hour for somebody to access the problem. Then the other nurses found our situation to be funny. All I have to say is I traveled to see my uncle from Indiana to Alabama, and I almost went to jail because of this incident. I hope that when I get older my kids will decide to do something else then put me in a place like that. Soon after my uncle had passed away, but it is a shame that he had to suffer in a place like that.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About St. Martin's In the Pines

St. Martin's In the Pines is a nursing home in Birmingham, AL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St. Martin's In the Pines for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of St. Martin's In the Pines

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of St. Martin's In the Pines