Courtyard Healthcare Center | Berwyn, IL

3601 South Harlem Ave, Berwyn, IL, 60402

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Courtyard Healthcare Center | Berwyn, IL

rosie48 July 25, 2012

Some lazy cnas, bad management. I did not like this place.

Sharon G. June 28, 2012

I have first hand experience with Courtyard Healthcare Center faculty and staff. My brother has been a patient there for over two years. The staff is extremely caring and dedicated. The management is hands on though they allow their Director of Nursing and staff to handle the patient affairs they remain engaged. These are traits lacking in many of the residential care nursing home facilities. This is not an easy field to work in resulting in under-staffing. However, this facility can be applauded because they make patient care a priority. My brother is being transferred to another facility and that is being handled with extreme care and concern for his well being. I gladly go on record as stating outward appearances are over-rated. Patient care is of primary importance. These facilities are performing tasks the families are unable to perform.

Caring201973 January 27, 2012

There is a sign on this facility that says that the Courtyard is rated the highest in nursing home care in Berwyn. That's not saying too much for Berwyn. This nursing home is typical of so many other nursing homes that I have seen which is to say it is not great nor is it terrible. When you walk in there is an average sized lobby. I did not find it very welcoming. There is a receptionist behind a glass window and I had to wait a couple of minutes before she made eye contact with me. The entire place seemed pretty institutionalized. The facility was moderately clean, but I did smell urine on some of the floors. The residents' grooming was not the best. The staff seemed dedicated, albeit somewhat frazzled and overworked. While I did not see anything overtly wrong with the Courtyard, there is little also to recommend. I remain neutral about this facility.

ssj1986 January 20, 2012

The staff seems a bit short-handed, but they're doing the best they can. It's a Medicaid facility so it isn't as upscale as a private location. They do provide different forms of therapies and have a convenient visitation schedule. Their safety rating isn't the best and that's a concern. There have been complaints of stolen items, but the staff do treat the residents with respect and dignity, so far as I've seen and heard from my family member.

About Courtyard Healthcare Center

Courtyard Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Berwyn, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Courtyard Healthcare Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Courtyard Healthcare Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Courtyard Healthcare Center