Courtyard Healthcare Center | Berwyn, IL

3601 South Harlem Ave, Berwyn, IL, 60402

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Courtyard Healthcare Center | Berwyn, IL

Martriers April 17, 2013

Here are my observations after spending 2 full days there visiting my mother who is in the early stages of dementia. "¢The place is bland and needs to be updated. Nothing home-like in any way. No decorations/artwork. Tiny cramped dining/rec room. "¢Mom is highly functioning and is currently placed with residents who are low functioning and she cannot interact with them. "¢While there for 2 days, the staff spent less than 1/2 hour on recreation which only consisted of asking them a few trivia questions. For the most part the patients just sat around with nothing to do. Very little radio or TV time. "¢Patients needs were ignored because it didn't fall within the schedule. Residents in wheelchairs couldn't go to the bathroom or go back to their rooms because they had to wait until it was "time". "¢A resident ate his dinner and someone elses. When I pointed it out the CNA just king of giggled. That says to me they aren't paying attention to the patients. "¢I saw one CNA pick up residents bread with her bare hands on several occasions. This same CNA went through the finished trays sitting on the cart to look and see if anyone had left their fruit cup so she could give it to a resident who asked for an extra one. "¢They let my mom wear the same clothes 2 days in a row. I'm concerned that they aren't making sure patients are putting on clean clothes or undergarments. There was one patient who wore the same outfit the 3 days that I was there. "¢The headboard and dresser in moms room are filthy and don't appear to wiped down or sanitize in who knows when. One staff member raised her voice at the patients and could be heard across the building. Patients were left unattended on several occasions.

rosie48 July 25, 2012

Some lazy cnas, bad management. I did not like this place.

Sharon G. June 28, 2012

I have first hand experience with Courtyard Healthcare Center faculty and staff. My brother has been a patient there for over two years. The staff is extremely caring and dedicated. The management is hands on though they allow their Director of Nursing and staff to handle the patient affairs they remain engaged. These are traits lacking in many of the residential care nursing home facilities. This is not an easy field to work in resulting in under-staffing. However, this facility can be applauded because they make patient care a priority. My brother is being transferred to another facility and that is being handled with extreme care and concern for his well being. I gladly go on record as stating outward appearances are over-rated. Patient care is of primary importance. These facilities are performing tasks the families are unable to perform.

Caring201973 January 27, 2012

There is a sign on this facility that says that the Courtyard is rated the highest in nursing home care in Berwyn. That's not saying too much for Berwyn. This nursing home is typical of so many other nursing homes that I have seen which is to say it is not great nor is it terrible. When you walk in there is an average sized lobby. I did not find it very welcoming. There is a receptionist behind a glass window and I had to wait a couple of minutes before she made eye contact with me. The entire place seemed pretty institutionalized. The facility was moderately clean, but I did smell urine on some of the floors. The residents' grooming was not the best. The staff seemed dedicated, albeit somewhat frazzled and overworked. While I did not see anything overtly wrong with the Courtyard, there is little also to recommend. I remain neutral about this facility.

ssj1986 January 20, 2012

The staff seems a bit short-handed, but they're doing the best they can. It's a Medicaid facility so it isn't as upscale as a private location. They do provide different forms of therapies and have a convenient visitation schedule. Their safety rating isn't the best and that's a concern. There have been complaints of stolen items, but the staff do treat the residents with respect and dignity, so far as I've seen and heard from my family member.

About Courtyard Healthcare Center

Courtyard Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Berwyn, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Courtyard Healthcare Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Courtyard Healthcare Center