Runnells Specialized Hospital

40 Watchung Way, Berkeley Heights, NJ, 07922

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Runnells Specialized Hospital

Bubbasgirl February 10, 2017

My brother has been here a year. He is totally neglected. They placed him in diapers for the convenience of staff. He is dirty and unkempt. Food on floor. Last visit, urine on floor. Staff is indifferent. There is such a huge turnover. Scabies outbreak and Nora virus. Look elsewhere for care.

ghs4t3 February 02, 2017

Please do not come to this facility. The food and delivery of is atrocious. CNAs that don't understand english, help calls go un answered for long periods of time, The administration is incompetent. if at all possible go somewhere else. Don't be fooled if you come for a visit. Ask to see the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms. Not just the new 1st floor private rooms.

nbenty February 02, 2017

My mom was there. It took 6 hours for them to give her pain meds, 8 hours to receive Ensure and her dressing came off her fresh wound. The aids said they couldn't redress the wound without doctors orders...that was hours later leaving her wound open to infection/bacteria. My dog gets better care in the kennel!

John631313 September 30, 2016

I had my mom go to Runnells Specialized Hospital for rehabilitation, and that place was nice. The rooms were ultra clean, very modern, and very nice. The staff was very pleasant, and it’s a difficult job dealing with Alzheimer’s patients. They had Bingo, cards, tours, and stuff like that.

Edward662860 June 17, 2016

I found Runnells for my wife. It was relatively close to me and had a four-star rating at that time. We are private pay. They were attractive because their rate of pay on a monthly basis was about $8,700 a month. Some of the other private locations ran anywhere from $10,000 to $13,000 a month. It was a huge, excellent place, very well managed at that time. They have a lot of nursing staff and RNs. LPNs and every aide or CNA had eight patients to take care of at that time and today, they have anywhere from 11 to sometimes as many as 17.

Big Daddy G. March 14, 2016

My mom was here for two weeks and her care bordered on neglect. She sat in her bed for hours and was virtually ignored. My family met with the staff there and nothing was ever rectified. It was really a bad situation. Thankfully, after two weeks, we were able to transfer her to another rehab facility. We were enticed by the offer of a private room, but the place should really be embarrassed for the care they give to their patients.

About Runnells Specialized Hospital

Runnells Specialized Hospital is a nursing home in Berkeley Heights, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Runnells Specialized Hospital for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Runnells Specialized Hospital

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: