Woodruff Convalescent Center

17836 WOODRUFF AVENUE, Bellflower, CA, 90706

Reviews of Woodruff Convalescent Center

June 26, 2013

When I had my knee replacement surgery, I went to Woodruff Convalescent Center. I have no complaints with their staff, but I am just a little uncomfortable with the place. There are a lot of crying. There are a lot of senior citizens in the place. The food is not great at all. I am just here because there is nowhere else to accept me when I want to go somewhere. They need to give a little more attention to the senior citizens.

September 13, 2012

By ibdanmac

I think this facility does a good job. The workers are patience with the residents. The facilities are clean. The staff also plans a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. I have a regular group I go and speak to, and the most of them appear happy and taken care of. There are some that don't seem too be happy, but I think these have mental problems.I mainly spend a couple of Saturdays a month in the dining area. There is usually an activities coordinator there taking care of the residents. He or she wheels them in on their wheelchairs and provides whatever they might need, such as something to eat or drink. He also calms down some of the ones that may be having a bad day. I always feel like the staff is open to any questions or needs from me or my ministry staff. I really enjoy this center.

September 11, 2011

I toured this facility. They have the Eden Concept in their facility which is the cultural climate of plants, animals and children. They have animals that live in the facility, nice plants that are nurtured by resident's/staff and activities that bring children into the facility. They also have wanderguard system in place for those patients who may try to wander out the door. The patients who are identified as a wandering risk - have a bracelet put on and when they go near the door, the alarm goes off. The down side is that the facility is on a busy street and does present a safety risk if the wander guard fails. If my loved one started to wander, I would place them in a secured-locked facility.

Features of Woodruff Convalescent Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Woodruff Convalescent Center

Woodruff Convalescent Center is a nursing home in Bellflower, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Woodruff Convalescent Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Woodruff Convalescent Center