Hillcrest Health & Rehab

1702 Hillcrest Drive, Bellevue, NE, 68005

Reviews of Hillcrest Health & Rehab

Michelle R1 December 29, 2015

My mother stayed at Hillcrest. The amenities were impeccable. It was like a five-star hotel. The staff was very nice, and they gave excellent care to her. The only thing that they could have improved on was their communication with me as her caregiver. Sometimes she is forgetful as she ages, and the staff relied on her to tell me what was going on. She wouldn't always give me correct information because she might not necessarily have understood. However, overall, I would recommend it. They had really good food, and their dining room had very nice accommodations. She usually ate in her room, and they let her. They were very accommodating. They even let us use a common area for her birthday.

Gary114081150 October 25, 2015

Hillcrest is a nice place. Initially, the building was a big motel so his room was fairly new but plain. He was there for six weeks for rehab because of a bad knee, but he didn’t actually walk on that knee again. The rehab staff doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Caring110269350 August 14, 2015

Mom is currently at Hillcrest Health & Rehab because she needs fulltime care. The staff seemed very caring, and so far they have a very good attitude. It's a brand new facility in a cottage style where they have a lunch room and a living room in the middle, then the apartments are all around it, and she has fulltime care. Mom likes it a lot. With their activities, she is unable to use most of them, but they do have them available every day. They have games going on all the time. One thing I can suggest for them is that they should make sure that the televisions that they put in their rooms are all working.

Caring107057450 May 26, 2015

I like the rehab people at Hillcrest Health Services. I was in a small room, and it is on the end, so I was one of the last one to get service in the morning. The food was repetitious, and I have gone through the menu several times. The food was good; there just weren't a whole lot of choices. They have activities like bingo and flower arranging, but I just didn't participate in a lot of them. The place is very clean. When a person is on oxygen, they were very careless on where they put the nosepiece. A lot of times it was on the floor. That can be improved. They need more help than what they had when I was there.

Caring109609750 April 20, 2015

My mom was at Hillcrest Health and Rehabilitation. The doctors put her in there. The staff and everybody were friendly. They have enough amenities there for the patients, the people staying, and the people visiting. The rooms were good. They have plenty of dining rooms. They're pretty fancy. Regarding security, they have cameras and individuals there around the clock. Also they have a movie room, a piano room, and a place where the elderly get together and just mingle.

Caring108573650 March 31, 2015

We have my father in Hillcrest. The biggest thing is the transition that we have. We can transition him from one area to the other smoothly. It is a very nice facility, and once we will transition him to the assisted living, it is really transparent. We just have to move him in, and there is no other paper work as we are already in their system. The food has been very good for him. They have a chef on the site. They don't mass produce, they make something for each person, and my dad really likes the area. Everything that we have been through so far has been really up to par, and we have been satisfied with everything.

LMM-MZ September 25, 2013

Hillcrest has a very good reputation, but our experience was not a very good one. If you are not able to be with your loved one most of the time or if they require more care than just PT (the physical therapists appeared to be very good), do not use this rehab facility. We also had a very difficult time with one of their social workers who was discourteous (even rude at times) and extremely indifferent to the situation. Needless to say we decided, not the Hillcrest personnel, that our loved one needed emergency care and we drove her to the ER where she was promptly admitted.

Barbara Gamache August 07, 2013

I had read some of the reviews about Hillcrest Care Center Nursing Home. If had read them first, I will never put my mom there. She went there for rehab because she had been out of the hospital due to pneumonia and bronchitis, but she got worse and worse. She never got good again. Their rehab part, I had no complaint with. But the nursing part of it was nasty. I can't say all of them, but most of them were totally unprofessional. On the third shift, my mother laid on a wet bed for hours. They day shift nurse came in and found her like that and reported it to her boss. My mom had a hard time swallowing her medicine and one night, she was sitting at the supper table and they had given her the medicine and they didn't even made sure that she'd taken it because she spitted it out on the table at supper in front of my sister. We don't even know what her dosage was or what she was getting for dosages. My sister and I were there every day and the reason why we put her there was because it was close to homes and our jobs and mom was there for about four months. We had four meeting with them and it was horrible. We had a final discussion with the guy and I already had a list of nursing home we would her in one of them and I told them her money will be spent anywhere it doesn't have to be there. We did it for convenience, but if they were not going to take care of her and that was our fourth time in meeting with them, there would never be a fifth.

About Hillcrest Health & Rehab

Hillcrest Health & Rehab is a nursing home in Bellevue, NE that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Hillcrest Health & Rehab for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Hillcrest Health & Rehab

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: