Tallwoods Care Center

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Tallwoods Care Center

September 27, 2016

By Concerned Granddaughter84

I found this place to be terrible. I visited my grandfather here this weekend and I would not chose to board my dog there, let alone choose it for a beloved family member. The lobby and lower level are in good shape and provide a great fooling facade. However, travel to the second floor to Pine or Cedar unit and see what is really being offered. Patients rolling around in wheelchairs with vomit covered wheels. Feces smeared on walls of elevator. Ignoring patients. I watched an aide witness a patient spill a drink all over her lap in her wheelchair and ignore it. The patient sat in the wet cold puddle and fell asleep. She remained there my whole hour long visit. If I had custody of my grandfather he would be moved ASAP.

April 09, 2016

By GVC

My brother in law is at Tallwoods with Parkinson's Disease. The rooms are large and comfortable. The staff has been absolutely wonderful. I get a call for anything that could be a concern and many things that are really not necessary to advise me of. My brother in law who was very concerned that he was being admitted to die is happy, smiling and talking to everyone and truly feels this is his home. Everyone from the administration to aides have been very attentive to my wishes and have made this potentially horrible situation a great alternative for someone I care about and love.

May 02, 2015

By Caroline15

It was between Tallwoods and two or three others, and it was the location. In case my father ever needed to go on peritoneal dialysis, this establishment is trained in that. These were the key factors, and it was also very clean. The nurses are the ones that I definitely get along with. I have actually a few of not my favorite people working in the finance department, and those are the only ones that I have a few problems with, but otherwise, the whole staff is fabulous. He has his own room, the rooms are nice to look out onto the woods, which is where they based their name from, and he has his own bathroom. But even if he didn't, the rooms are big enough and very clean. It is close, and he gets to see his family everyday, so that is really his key factor. It would be just people returning some calls or getting in touch with you when you leave messages and stuff in terms of like the finance department. Everyone else is fabulous; there were times my father had to go to the hospital, and they always called me and let me know what was going on. The nurses are fine, but when it comes to the financial aspect, that's where they need work definitely.

March 26, 2015

By Ryan123

Place is horrible. My father escaped from the facility under their care and when the nursing unit was questioned about it took no responsibility and said that we should just "pick him up and take him home." Definitely do not recommend to anyone to put their loved ones in this place. Rude staff, bad management.

February 09, 2015

By K-Dubz

AWFUL! My grandmother was here and I can tell you that the care was atrocious! We dealt with everything from the staff not calling us for emergencies, being misinformed or uniformed about injuries or health issues, to her having her wedding ring stolen, being told "You don't need this anymore." This place needs to be shut down, it's a nightmare.

April 15, 2014

By Cestlavie

Other

This facility at one time had been thought to be one of the better facility's within the area. Unfortunatly it appears as though it is has been mismanaged and let go. It is now under staffed and nurses and aids are unable to provide the quality of care that you would want for your loved one. Staff appears unhappy and have poor bedside manner which is in return making a terrible atmosphere for residents. When speaking with management regarding these issues you would expect change. I don't know whether it is due to lack of knowledge or just poor laziness that requests never are met and things are not taking care of. Beware, Do not be fooled by this facility, the pretty atmosphere does mean great care. My family member will no longer be here.

May 25, 2012

By GoatOverlord

From the minute I walked into Tallwoods Care Center I got an immediate feeling of a peaceful atmosphere. There were beautiful pictures on the walls and the facility was well decorated. The visiting area was also has a very relaxing feel to it. The receptionist and nursing staff always seemed ready to help especially when I visited my grandmother. The quality of the food was also very good and provided a well rounded meal that is not repetitious for the residents. Activities are another aspect of Tallwoods that they excel at. The staff provides many different activities in order to keep residents happy. One thing in particular that I disliked about Tallwoods is that some staff seemed to take very long smoking breaks during their shifts. Additionally, on some visits to Tallwoods a few nurses seemed to be having non-work related conversations at the nursing station while call lights were lit above rooms. Overall, Tallwoods is a great facility and I would recommend it to other friends and family.

July 31, 2011

By kaymarie

At Tallwoods Care Center my grandmother really enjoys having company- people around her age who she could relate to and remember the good old days. She really enjoys the activities and always says how nice the activities volunteers are to her, and how they remind her of her young grand children. There are a few nurses she does not particularly like, I think they are more pushy and she wants to be assisted, not told what to do. She still has plenty of spunk left and I am sure the staff sees that!Her favorite time is spent with her friends in the dining facility, she has raves about the food (not really sure why, I imagined it to be hospital food). From what I have personally seen, her room is kept up well and she really enjoys living there. Her quality of life is where it should be and I have to say the only negative I see is that some of the staff is not so pleasant.

Features of Tallwoods Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Tallwoods Care Center

Tallwoods Care Center is a nursing home in Bayville, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Tallwoods Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Tallwoods Care Center