Rainbow Health & Rehab of Memphis

8119 MEMPHIS-ARLINGTON ROAD, Bartlett, TN, 38133

Reviews of Rainbow Health & Rehab of Memphis

gammagal August 09, 2016

Other

My father went there directly from a medical hospital. When he was transported back to the hospital for a surgical procedure, the staff was not informed he was gone. I went the next day to get his property, and no one stopped me. One actually gave me a luggage cart when I asked. Not one nurse or administrator asked any questions, and no one called to ask if he was returning. I could have walked out with anyone or anything.

gnb43 July 08, 2016

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Made the mistake of admitting my 92 year old father. He was only there barely 5 days before he passed away. We were mostly ignored when needing something or felt like we were asking for the moon & stars for asking a simple question. He never saw a doctor while he was there and there is supposedly two on call.. So now we have been waiting for over a month for Doctor Hines to sign the death certificate. Please don't take your loved one to Rainbow. You will regret it. I do.

barb in misissippi September 19, 2015

The best thing I can say about this place is that it is CLEAN! It does not have a bad smell and is very well decorated. I really wish I had read these reviews before putting my Mother in there. While my Mother was here, she contracted a Staph infection and received 5 shots to help her get over it. I was not aware that the healthcare facility would "let" her go until the infection was cleared up, but when the insurance had covered the number of days for my Mother's rehab and was stopping coverage, they couldn't get her out fast enough. She still has the infection! She was told how to manage it when she went home! She's 85 and in better health than most people there, but she will not go back in the future.

caregiver-for-a-pt December 09, 2014

Other

It was clean, roomy, and quiet; and the CNAs that cared for my mom were great. However, I would not give you a dime for the doctors, nurses, and administrators. My mom went in for rehab and came out in worse shape than she went in. She is bipolar, and I told them that without her psychiatric meds she'd be unable to benefit from the therapy she was there to have. Despite that, her psychiatric meds were slashed; she was given an Alzheimers med (that can cause additional mania in the bipolar); she was drugged out on pain meds. Worst, whenever I tried to address the meds with anyone, I was lied to me about what they were doing. At least she is home now, back on her proper meds, and doing well.

new you September 05, 2014

Other

I had the same experience with this nursing home when my loved one was there. He passed away in December 2013 from Alzheimer's. He was also shipped off to a mental health facility because of their lack of compassion and understanding of dementia. I would not recommend this facility to anyone, but it is particularly not good for an Alzheimer's patient. They have too many deficiencies to count; it is just not a good place. The only things it has going for it is that it is a clean and pretty place, and of course, that is important. However, you have to look deeper than that; what good is it if the facility is pretty but dysfunctional?? Please do not put your loved one there; I think you will live to regret it. I know I did.

Granddaughter caring from long distance... October 29, 2013

I do not recommend this facility. It is a nice, clean facility, but the CNA's (Certified Nurse Assistants who do the day to day care for your loved one) are not bright at all. Rather than helping my grandmother eat (who was extremely weak), they stood over her and told (barked at) her to eat. They do not treat the elderly who are in need of full support with compassion. My grandmother developed a UTI while there and was sent to a mental health facility because she was "disruptive." Her dementia had escalated as a result of the UTI. The next facility was horrible, and within 2 months, my grandmother passed away.

Caring1592 August 15, 2013

I'm satisfied with Rainbow Healthcare. This home has a very friendly atmosphere. They have pretty colors on their front door. The room that I have is big and painted blue. The staff members are really nice people. They are also very helpful. During craft time, I'm not very artistic but it turned out to be quite fun. What I don't like about this place is their food. They always serve mashed peas. They are supposed to make good meals.

Virginlocs May 15, 2011

Visited this facility

Sherry (the Social Worker)...is never available doing normal business hrs. Normally Business should be hrs.8-4:30 or 9-5:30. When you are able to reach her and tell her what your family member needs. She doesn't follow-up. The Administrator has been made aware of the issues but doesn't plan to do anything about it. Before admitting your love ones to this facility, make sure there will be a Social Worker on duty.

About Rainbow Health & Rehab of Memphis

Rainbow Health & Rehab of Memphis is a nursing home in Bartlett, TN that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Rainbow Health & Rehab of Memphis for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Rainbow Health & Rehab of Memphis

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/01/17)

• Overall: