Alden Estates of Barrington

1420 SOUTH BARRINGTON ROAD, Barrington, IL, 60010

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Alden Estates of Barrington

jokmiller June 22, 2012

My mother was in the same facility back in 2006 when she first began her end of life decline. At the time the facility was being renovated. When we were given a list of facilities to choose from for my spouse, I quickly chose Alden. The name had changed from the prior time, but I knew where the facility was and it would be easy for out of town friends and relatives to find it. The staff was great. They all went out of their way to assist my husband and I with everything. They encouraged him to push himself to do things. Without the staff's encouragement, he would have just sat on the bed and watched TV all day. The facility was very clean. I spent a lot of time there and the place never had that "old people" smell to it. The grounds were beatutiful. As the weather got warmer the staff encouraged my husband to go outside more. They encouraged him to be part of life not just watch it pass him by. Our grandchildren enjoyed coming so that they could go with "Papa" to the ice cream shop that was down the hall from his room. Outside the ice cream shop was a large bird cage. Even I could stand there half the afternoon and watch the birds. All lf the staff was friendly and outgoing. They tended to the needs of the residence as quickly and respectfully as possible. The place was vastly improved over the facility that my mother stayed at. And I thought it was good back then.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Alden Estates of Barrington

Alden Estates of Barrington is a nursing home in Barrington, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Alden Estates of Barrington for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Alden Estates of Barrington

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Alden Estates of Barrington