Alden Estates of Barrington

1420 SOUTH BARRINGTON ROAD, Barrington, IL, 60010

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Alden Estates of Barrington

Jenny L. February 02, 2016

Alden is NOT an acute rehab facility. If your family member or loved one requires assistance with daily needs (medication, toileting, showering, eating, etc), then this is not the place for you. They are grossly understaffed and not attentive in the least. On most occasions, when my mom hit the "call button," she waited a minimum of 10-15 min before someone even popped their head in her room. And many times it was as long as 30 min. There is not a doctor on-site 24/7; they stop in a do a "round." The nurses must call the on-call doctor for authorization to change meds or care protocol. The CNAs are overworked and therefore can be rude and unfriendly. The speech therapist and chef were the only worthwhile people in the place. They showed respect and genuine care for my mom while she was there. If you are looking for a "country club" rehab where you can manage your own medications, are able to walk, eat and shower independently, then Alden provides the bare minimum care you require. In any other circumstance, I would say Alden is an unsafe, demoralizing environment for someone requiring any type of true medical care or acute rehabilitation.

Maybryant August 13, 2015

I was in this awful place for 8 days. They are adept at looking good on the outside, but they were woefully understaffed, especially at night. The day staff stood around gossiping a lot. The night staff was completely rude, crude and indifferent. Avoid this place.

Karen103495550 December 28, 2014

Alden Estates was a wonderful and very caring facility. I was there because I had a hip replacement, and the staff was incredible. They were efficient and very helpful, and the physical therapy was incredible. I had a really good experience. The rooms were big; my father had a private room and had his own bathrooms. It was a very nice facility; I would recommend it to anybody. The food was incredible, and the food choices and the menus were wonderful.

hollgarth July 28, 2012

My family decided to move my uncle into ALDEN ESTATES OF BARRINGTON when he got older and needed help with the day to day of life. Our first visit to him there was last year and I could remember my son playing in the halls with his cousins and the staff being so friendly the kids. The residents loved to see the children at play. My visits have continued since then and I have started to pay more attention to levels of care and I must say I was quite pleased with how my uncle has been treated. The level of care they provided is top notch and I am glad my Uncle could spend the twilight of his life being well looked after. I will say that the janitors doe a great job. My Uncles room has always been clean and fresh. I would pick up the calendar and newsletter to read through and it always seemed like there was something to. I think my uncle has been able to meet a few new people as well. I'm happy to stay for a meal with Uncle Jim since I thought the food is pretty good. Every time I see someone who works there they seemed happy and were very helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone who is considering assisted living for a loved one.

jokmiller June 22, 2012

My mother was in the same facility back in 2006 when she first began her end of life decline. At the time the facility was being renovated. When we were given a list of facilities to choose from for my spouse, I quickly chose Alden. The name had changed from the prior time, but I knew where the facility was and it would be easy for out of town friends and relatives to find it. The staff was great. They all went out of their way to assist my husband and I with everything. They encouraged him to push himself to do things. Without the staff's encouragement, he would have just sat on the bed and watched TV all day. The facility was very clean. I spent a lot of time there and the place never had that "old people" smell to it. The grounds were beatutiful. As the weather got warmer the staff encouraged my husband to go outside more. They encouraged him to be part of life not just watch it pass him by. Our grandchildren enjoyed coming so that they could go with "Papa" to the ice cream shop that was down the hall from his room. Outside the ice cream shop was a large bird cage. Even I could stand there half the afternoon and watch the birds. All lf the staff was friendly and outgoing. They tended to the needs of the residence as quickly and respectfully as possible. The place was vastly improved over the facility that my mother stayed at. And I thought it was good back then.

About Alden Estates of Barrington

Alden Estates of Barrington is a nursing home in Barrington, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Alden Estates of Barrington for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Alden Estates of Barrington

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: