Keswick Multi-care Center

Reviews of Keswick Multi-care Center

Overview of Ratings

3.6

December 07, 2012

We chose Keswick Multi-care Center because the Director knew a lot about dementia, they were highly recommended by their internists, and the people that wrote The 36-Hour Day, which is a book on dementia, were connected to this facility. I felt comfortable with my parents being there. The staff is very good. My parents had been in another facility before, so having something to compare it to, I know that they are really on top of their daily care. It's very clean and bright, there's never any bad smells. There's not a lot of people walking around scaring each other sort of, they have been under control. The rooms are adequate. My parents each have their own bathroom, showers or down the hall and because it's a memory care unit they shower with help. They have furniture but you can also bring your own furniture. They do not have a room for couples, which was what we were initially looking for. Keswick was willing to work with us and make a room, but as it turned out we didn't need it. They tailor the food to the resident's need. For instance, my father needs to have everything soft, so they do that. Both my parents are eating well. They have several levels of care as well, which was one of the reasons why we chose it. They have a nursing home rehab area. So for continuum of care, we wanted them to be in a place where they could live out the rest of their days. On top of everything, they have a good ratio of nurses, aides, and caregivers. I feel good about where they are now.

September 27, 2012

By Ahumane

It was on a warm summer afternoon in 2011 when my cousin asked if I could accompany her to visit with her aging grand mama. I had not seen grand mama for a long time. We arrived at the facility at around 2:30 pm and were greeted, checked-in and ushered in by a very welcoming receptionist. I was impressed with the general cleanliness, well-manicured lawns, and the hospitality we received. After waiting for about 5-10 minutes, we were led to the room where sweet grand mama was resting enjoying the afternoon. She was very alert and beamed with smiles upon seeing her grand daughter. She was then 89 years young! We enjoyed her company for about 1 hour. Every so often a nurse would stop by and seek to know if everything was okay. On one occasion, she asked for our understanding as she walked in to give grand mama a scheduled dose of vitamin while checking her vitals. She was relaxed, jovial but very professional. The rooms seemed very well equipped and maintained. Grand mama had a lot of stories to share while at the same time seeking to know the welfare of others at home. She caused a light moment when she asked her grand daughter how many kids we had not knowing we were cousins. At about 3:30 pm, we bid grand mama bye and were led to the exit by a jovial nurse. As we checked out, I told my cousin that the facility was one of the cleanest that had visited. We had a very memorable day.

Features of Keswick Multi-care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Keswick Multi-care Center

Keswick Multi-care Center is a nursing home in Baltimore, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Keswick Multi-care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Keswick Multi-care Center