Evergreen Bakersfield Healthca

6212 TUDOR WAY, Bakersfield, CA, 93306

Reviews of Evergreen Bakersfield Healthca

Karenbme October 18, 2012

The patient care staff at Evergreen really seemed to care about the residents, whether the residents were actually able to communicate or not. The facility was always clean. My grandmother was a resident for a couple of years, and she never had any sores or wounds. She did have a couple of falls and two escapes out the fire door. That was a little scary. My grandfather received loving care there in his final days. He was comfortable and aware until the end. We were at peace with his decision to spend his final days there.

sramos1 June 15, 2012

On appearances alone this facility seems to be one of the nicer nursing homes in our city (Bakersfield, CA). It was for this reason that my mother requested that my grandmother stay there to receive her rehabilitation treatment. After being in the hospital for two weeks with pneumonia and a failing liver she was having trouble walking and needed assistance to learn how again. The room was comfortable but had no phone and the meals provided good, but everything else was dreadful. Only half of the staff seemed to sincerely care about their patient. We had to make a formal complaint about one of the employees who scared my grandmother to death. She said he had come into her room at night, rubbed lotion on her legs, and told her now I can begin to heal you. We didn't see him again after this incident but my grandmother started having nightmares and then had a small stroke which sent her back to the hospital. They thought this was caused because they weren't giving her the right medication at Evergreen. We didn't make her go back to the nursing home after that horrible experience. Instead we took her home and cared for her there. I would never put a beloved family member into a nursing home for any reason after that experience.

About Evergreen Bakersfield Healthca

Evergreen Bakersfield Healthca is a nursing home in Bakersfield, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Evergreen Bakersfield Healthca for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Evergreen Bakersfield Healthca

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Evergreen Bakersfield Healthca