Southpark Meadows

9300 S I H 35 Austin, Austin, TX, 78748

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Southpark Meadows

concernedmr December 05, 2013

This facility is lacking everything a person needs to feel cared for. It takes over an hour for the CNA to see a patient after the call button has been pressed. I have witnessed staff ignore the needs of residents on a daily basis. There are not enough CNAs for residents. When issues have been addressed there has never been follow-up by administration. Before taking your family member to this place go visit and ask lots of questions. Don't fall for visiting only one resident, visit at least two. You may want to visit during the evening as well to see what is really going on. The recruitment director does a great job of selling the place to you but a terrible job of telling the truth about this place. It might also be a good idea to ask other family members of residents there what they really think. This place is down right negligant.

Jerry16 October 18, 2013

The people were nice at Southpark Meadows. They were great and wonderful and had everything in order. They seemed to handle everything appropriately. My father wasn't even there one whole day, but they took real good care of him for the short time he was there. They did everything quickly and fast.

turner1672 April 26, 2013

The majority of the nursing staff was horrible. A few good ones, but most acted like they did not want to be there. Over an hour to respond to alert button. Skip medications and treatments. Neglected patients. The administrator had no idea what was going on. Do not take your loved one there. One star because it would not accept none

Extremely Dissapointed November 12, 2012

One of my family members was a resident at Southpark Meadows Nursing Center and the care was horrendous. Please do not send anyone that you care about to this facility. The majority of the staff seemed aloof to the needs of the residents and our family member suffered while at the facility and we could not get them to a new facility fast enough.

Familymember1 November 09, 2012

This is a wonderful facility. My dad loves the staff and they love him. I highly recommend this facility to everyone. They are attentive to his needs and the therapy is great.

Umbelivable July 25, 2012

I wouldn't have given one star to this facility. The nursing care at this facility is SHOCKING!! Both of our parents were residents and they were both placed in the hospital by our urging. Unbelievable, don't walk away ..run away!!!!

cflamingochic90 June 23, 2012

The facility was very clean, although it was difficult to tell who worked in what area - front desk, nurse, janitorial - so I would have to ask several different people the same question. Quite often, the nurse who was assigned to my father would have no idea where he was - if he was in the cafeteria, or outside near the gazebo. According to my father, they were very lax on giving him his proper glaucoma medication. They were, however, mostly attentive while he was a resident there. As soon as my father checked out, they had no time to answer any of his questions regarding his stay. Often times, the nurses would get sidetracked (which is understandable), and my father would have to request the same thing multiple times, before it occurred (if ever).

twixit June 21, 2012

This facility does not hire enough people to handle the needs of the residents, nor do they train properly. They have all the right policies regarding such, but they aren't very well organized and have a high turnover. They will put anyone anywhere when someone calls in sick, which is frequent. We've been there over 6 months and have never had a nurse get to know my Dad's needs very well because they either quit, or go work on another hall. Medications are frequently late, and they run out sometimes, leaving patient with no meds until someone realizes it. Meals are always late - sometimes up to 2 hours late, with little or no explanation. They charge a lot, and offer very little in patient care and comfort.

About Southpark Meadows

Southpark Meadows is a nursing home in Austin, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Southpark Meadows for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Southpark Meadows