Garden Terrace Alzheimer's Center of Excellence

1600 S Potomac Street, Aurora, CO, 80012

Reviews of Garden Terrace Alzheimer's Center of Excellence

smshaklee December 04, 2012

I really hope people read these reviews PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONES IN GARDEN TERRACE My Dad was in only in this facility for five weeks not by our choice either he fell four times in five weeks. The last fall was his last he shattered his hip and leg this fall happend at 7:30pm and was finally taken to the hospital at 1:30 am. You can only imagine the pain he was in. They called my Mom and told her that he had fallen but only told he that he skined his albow.............WOW!!! this came from an RN This place is under staffed they really don't care for your loved ones my Dad was in the same clothes for four days we complained all the time and got nowhere. needless to say we lost my Dad on Nov 13,2012 and I blame the staff like Connie the day CNA she has no personality and hate's her job.The night nurse RN a male nurse I can't remember his name all he wanted to do was play on the computer at the nurse station.My Dad was in the North ward.This is not the end my sister and I are out for blood. It's not right to treat our loved ones like this.

smvhou April 07, 2011

Only 4 nights at Garden Terrace & a life-changing injury to our Mom

Our Mother died only 11 days after going into Garden Terrace, suffering a life-altering injury, even though she only spent 4 nights in the facility. Other persons may have had good experiences with this facility, but not our family. Our Mother was at Garden Terrace for only 4 nights, & she is now dead. The 5th morning when my sister visited her, she found her standing in a corner alone, trembling, semi-comatose, with her hair uncombed, her dentures missing, no bra, her pants on backwards, with her socks 1/2 off, & for the first time in her 84 years she did not recognize her daughter. She also had a HUGE hematoma injury on the right side of her skull, which stretched from inside her upper hairline, down the right side of her skull into her eye socket & cheekbone. When my Sister pointed this out to the Nurse, she replied(quote): "your mother has been acting strange this morning". When the huge head injury was pointed out, the nurse said that "no one had noticed the injury". Really? An injury large enough that it could easily be seem from across a large room,which had already begun to swell & discolor & "none" of the staff had noticed it? Really? What about those who "sort of" dressed her? What about the staff that took her into the dining room? What about the 3 therapists who had "supposedly" worked with her before noon? Later the same day were were told by the RN that a Speech Therapist had worked with our Mom early in the morning & noticed "no injury". then a Physical Therapist worked with her mid-morning & noticed "no injury. However, an Occupational Therapist had, in fact, found our Mother on the "floor of her room ATTEMPTING to get up" about 10:45, but that there was no way she could get up without assistance --- according to the OT. The OT "claimed" to have helped her up & put her in bed, but "saw no injury". As such, we remain unaware of when our Mother was factually injured &/or how long she had simply been ignored after the injury. No report of the injusry was filed by staff, even though it is a legal requirement. No vitals were taken of her ever though she was found on the floor. Not until my Sister insisted that vitals be taken & that she be transported to the hospital was "anything" done. And 9 days later we still have ZERO information from the "supposed internal review" that was performed by the facility. And when we requested copies of her Medical Records we were charged $100+ to get them! And when we returned to the facility after her death to collect her remaining possessions, "nothing" remained. They had all been "lost" or were missing. Her clothes, her shoes, everything. $400+ worth of clothing & shoes, simply gone. Yet they would not release her medical records without a payment of $100+?!!? So you decide for yourself if this is the type of place where you want to place your loved one? For our family, we regret the very day that we entered the front door with our Mother, mistakenly thinking she would be properly cared for & supervised. It did not happen for our family & we won't have an open casket at her funeral, because the injury she received at Garden Terrace, which "no one saw or reported or reacted to" was so severe that it remains unsightly 10 days later. And yes, I will respond to any inquiries, as we move through the legal process.

About Garden Terrace Alzheimer's Center of Excellence

Garden Terrace Alzheimer's Center of Excellence is a nursing home in Aurora, CO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Garden Terrace Alzheimer's Center of Excellence for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Garden Terrace Alzheimer's Center of Excellence

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Garden Terrace Alzheimer's Center of Excellence