Reviews of Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation Center

Posted by T. Anne August 19, 2015
1.0

Worst place in the world. I wouldn't send a snake there. The CNA's are rude and inefficient, seems like they get some of them off the corner. I had three that were on point, Marcia, Tonia and Amy. If it had not been for them, I would not have made it for two months. The food was horrible and always cold. Worst place in the world, they need to close their doors.

Posted by Caring107109650 June 22, 2015
4.0

Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehab is close to where my husband and I work, so that is one thing. It is easy for us to get there from where we work, and my brother, who is a physician, recommended it because he has been there and has had patients there. Everybody is very nice, always smiling, and they are very prompt about contacting family members when there is something going on with the patient; they call you immediately, so I am satisfied. The food is fine for my grandmother. She has no complaints about it. The place is very nice and clean.

Posted by Caring104949650 May 13, 2015
2.0

The courtyard of Northeast Atlanta was lovely, and their lobby area was nice. The turnover was high though, so it was difficult to be consistent. I don’t think the administration is very responsive to caregiver concern. I had a problem with the administrator. There were not enough activities outside of bingo. In the time my mother was there -- which was a year and a half -- they managed to do one outing to a museum. I was not happy.

Posted by Catherine Nina April 19, 2015
1.0

I had my mother there and she had a fall so they say! I had her moved after the fall she lived 18 days after! Till this day never have been told how she fell! She had two black eyes a broke nose,hole through lip and a broken knee cap! These injuries don't add up to a simply fall! I wouldn't put a dog in there care!!

Posted by Kim Brooks October 28, 2014
1.0

I was a post surgery patient at this facility for 3 weeks. Food was often cold. Night shift rarely answered call buttons and delivered wrong medications to me. Thank God I was alert. Dayshift nurses seemed to be hard workers...but night shift were rude. When my bed was soiled I pushed the call nurse button and no one responded after 30 minutes. I got out of bed and got my own linen and two night nurses were standing in the hallway talking. When nursing assistant came to my room she said she had been on a break and nurses were supposed to cover the lights.

On one Saturday afternoon as physical therapy was escorting me walking hallway there was a man who had fallen out of his wheelchair lying on the floor about 5 feet from the nurses station. There were 3 nurses in the station talking to each other not noticing that the man had fallen out of his chair.

When I first arrived at the facility and needed something for pain it took 8 hrs for the nurse to bring my prescribed pain medication She said she was new and had a lot of paperwork to do for my admission.

I was never weighed at this facility. I asked nursing assistants but they said it was only done on certain days. I was there 3 weeks!

The facility appeared clean and that is worth 1 star. I complained to nursing supervisor, social worker and called administrator but he never returned my call.

When I needed nursing help and they did not respond to the light in 15 minutes I called the facility, talked to the operator and told her I was a patient and needed a nurse and no one would respond to my light.

I felt like I was a real poor person in one of those old nursing home horror stories.

Physical therapy was good.

Posted by Perturbed September 30, 2014
1.0

If you're looking for a place that will treat your loved one like a number, then this is the place for them. As needed medication was dispensed to my father regularly, no one could give me an explanation as to why. When I brought it to the attention of the Director of Nursing, she asked what did I expect her to do?! Yet one of his conditions there's no record of his receiving treatment for. Each time I visited the residents were gathered in the main area around a television that no one was watching. On a beautiful sunny day when I asked to take my father out to the patio, we had to wait until an employee unlocked the patio doors. I found the atmosphere completely depressing. I'm glad to say my father health has greatly improved since removing him from this facility.

Posted by missy leigh January 27, 2014
1.0

My father was taken in for rehab from a hospital. Not only did they loose paperwork constantly, they didn't take care of him at all. Let him pee in his room and never cleaned it up. You could smell it all the time. Then, when I knew he was sick, the Dr., known as Dr. O, only said "Don't worry, he'll be fine in a day or two". The next day he was in the hospital with a UTI as well as full blown pneumonia. He is now dying in a hospice. Only 3 days after the Dr. made the comments above. Buzzers from other patients go off all the time and No One responds. All are having a party at the front desk and laughing. The rehab portion is Excellent. The other part......well......I wouldn't send my worst enemy there! Good luck if you send one there. I was there and other family members EVERY day and still this happened. No one listens to you. Now, my best friend and father will be gone in a matter of hours. I wouldn't have put Any Star above, but it is required. They get a NEGATIVE 100 from me!

Posted by B Kelman September 01, 2013
1.0

My mom was taken there and it was awful. She couldn't walk and needed physical therapy(they were wonderful).It was the nurses that were very inefficient There was an alarm on her bed incase she got out of bed by herself wanting to go to the bathroom. Fortunately I was there one morning when she tried to get our of bed. The alarm went off as I took her to the bathroom. I didn't know how to turn it off. Even after we finished going to the bathroom no one came to see what she needed. She could have lying on the floor bleeding to death and no one was there. This was not the only incident but I felt this was the most important. I always felt we were bothering the nurses instead of them caring.

Posted by blkr00t October 11, 2012
3.0

Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation Center has been a breath of fresh air for my parents. My parents are both recovering from strokes which left them both wheelchair bound and considered total assist patients. We had an unpleasant experience at another facility and began to look for a new place for our parents. Our search eventually led us to Northeast Atlanta Rehab and we are so very glad that we did. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. The attention and care that they show to the residents is top notch. Most of all, it appears to me that they have a way of encouraging independence from the residence while simultaneously meeting their needs in a very timely manner. It is vital to the mental health of the residence that they not feel as if they have been in any way thrown away or just put out to pasture so to speak. It is my experience that the staff of this fine facility have certainly met my expectations by making my parents feel cared for again. The facility itself does appear to be a little old but it is always well kept and clean. The attention to detail to little things such as cleanliness of the rooms only enhances the dignity of the residents.

Posted by rebeccalouise July 21, 2012
1.0

i would never recommend this facility to anyone. administrator doesn't seem personable. staff not very helpful a lot. bad food, and cold. can't get hot coffee for my mom without asking a lot of staff. i don't won't to go on. glad my mom is out of there! i don't won't to rate them because it would be 0, but that if not a choice they give you!

Posted by Jonas McCrackin September 18, 2008

My loved one stayed here

This facility is a good one. However, the they have recently had a chance of administration. Me and my family really enjoyed the former director. He is the reason that we came back a third time with our mother. The new director is not very friendly and does not speak to families as a customer. I hope that this leadership behavior does not become the staff's behavior. You can tell there is a different feeling in the building. Just not as friendly.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 115504

Health
1.0
Overall
1.0
Quality