Golden LivingCenter - Dunwoody

5470 Meridian Mark Rd, Atlanta, GA, 30342

Reviews of Golden LivingCenter - Dunwoody

#thinkagain July 15, 2015

There is no security at night. 2 weeks ago a man walked off the streets in the building. The doors are always unlocked. Yesterday not 1 but 2 residents went missing. Both were found safely but something needs to be done to secure the building at night. Day CNA staff are very lazy. All they do is sit around on their phones instead of attending to our loved one. Make this place your last resort.

Whitley1 June 30, 2015

My father was at Golden LivingCenter for about three weeks. The staff was super sweet, the food was amazing, and the living quarters were just the best. But they needed more staff. They have a security person outside so you have to go through them to go into the facility. I have seen their rehab or workout area, and it was very high tech. I would rate them highly if they have more people.

Caring107968850 March 20, 2015

Golden Living was chosen because he went there two years ago. This time it's better. They are paying attention more. The VA is the one who put him there. This time they seem to be doing a little bit better. It is spacious and clean. The social worker does call and try to arrange meetings. They will try different medicine, and the doctors do call back to try other things. This time around it is a lot better. He is in and out of the facility, but that is because situations came up. Now he is back there, and one of the reasons he is back at that one is because they accept patients with feeding tubes.

appljuice November 23, 2014

My mother went in to recover from knee surgery and I'm sad to say, her experience mirrors that of the other reviewers. Outside of her time with the physical and occupational therapists, that was the last thing that was done well.

During her ~10-day stay Golden Living (GL): - Day 1: had a nurse who yelled at my mom "that's just the way it is" regarding dispensing her pain medication. - Day 2: Mom alerts me that other meds orders are messed up. They're giving her creams for issues she no longer has, yet not giving her asthma medications or have eliminated those medications from the order altogether. -Day 3 a group conference call happens where notes are taken and read back at the close of the meeting. That night: her meds are STILL messed up.
- Final Day - she's going home....or so we think. Despite calls from home nursing care setting up visits, despite a mini-meeting with Mom's social worker where her future at home was discussed, the day of - a weekend - Mom is set to go home, but has none of the tools and aids ready. No wheelchair she can use at home, no walker, no raised toilet seat. She was just supposed to go home emty-handed. Turns out, the Case Manager failed to put in the order. She's still there now and I hope she's able to come home tomorrow.

Bwils October 15, 2013

My mother went here after knee surgery almost a week ago and it has been an awful experience. Most of the nurses have been rude and surly. She calls to ask for help and is often ignored. She hasn't had her meds as prescribed nor her care. This is a very poorly run center and I would never recommend it to anyone. She is miserable and we are having her moved.

Ellen10 August 02, 2013

I went to Golden Living in Atlanta for a week and that was a terrible place. It was horrible, I can't even explain. They had me in this room with a woman who was sick, but lovely. Then they brought in a person that had a colon cancer and she had no control of her vowels and she would just go all over the place and the smell stink. She should be in a private room. So, they put me in other room which was so small and when I sleep, I had to put my leg up the dinner tray so I can have room because I had no room to move.

L. Aguirre September 24, 2012

The staff at Golden Living were attentive to the residents. Families assisted with many of the normal day to day care such as laundry, personal items, and outside meals or snacks. The actual building was older and a little outdated with regard to elevators and rooms. The rooms were small and difficult to manouver around when there were large hospital beds in the rooms. The staff at times did seem to have difficulty with patients who were bedridden or suffered from memory loss. These patients were at times found wandering the halls without assistance. My mother was looked after with great care but she did not require must assistance since she was only there for after surgery rehab. The permanent residents really seemed to enjoy their rooms and the accommodations. The facility was clean and the staff was readily available if any patients needed medication or assistance to the bathroom.

Jackie R May 11, 2012

My sister's condition got worse so I had to move her into this nursing home which is near her daughter's place. I have visited this facility several times and I was just in fact there this morning. All I can say is it's perfect for my sister and her daughter was quite satisfied with the service.

JohnSmith1 March 01, 2012

This convalescent center is somewhere I visited several times a few years ago when my mother worked there as a RN. The staff was often overworked often with 17 patients per RN. LPNs were often there, but when they weren't the service was inadequate. The people seemed decently treated though there was little personal care time given to each resident due to the work hours that each Nurse had to put in. The senior staff was often rude to those working for them. Amenities included a dining hall and daily activities per floor. The facilities were clean and well managed on that level. The individual nurses seemed friendly, but were often overworked and not always available for patients. At times I noticed that the patient alarm bell that went off was not answered for as long as an hour because nurses simply couldn't afford to stop working on their paperwork. Some of the visiting family members would complain, but not a great deal that could be done. Overall the staff was professional and the issue was with the management. I would not recommend this place as a first choice for those looking for care, though there are many places that are worse. Overall, this is probably average for nursing homes in the US.

Carol M.1 August 31, 2011

This facility was an average experience for my family member who was a patient. We did have a difficult time getting to speak with a doctor about changing medications and some of the adverse effects my family member was experiencing from a new medication. It took several days to get the issue resolved, and we never actually spoke to a doctor. The nurse on the floor was kind enough to make some phone calls to get the issue taken care of.

From Golden LivingCenter - Dunwoody

Golden LivingCenter - Dunwoody is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services located in Atlanta, Georgia. Using an innovative, interdisciplinary team approach to healthcare, we are able to care more many different types of patients. Our skilled nursing facility offers complimentary transportation for our residents’ follow-up appointments to and from St. Joseph’s Hospital. We are proud to provide innovative long-term skilled nursing care and short-term rehabilitation therapy. Our specialized services include physical, speech and occupational therapy, IV therapy and wound care.

Features of Golden LivingCenter - Dunwoody

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: No pets allowed