Pruitthealth- Brookhaven

3535 Ashton Woods Drive NE, Atlanta, GA, 30319

Reviews of Pruitthealth- Brookhaven

July 02, 2015

By Joe Red

Before I decided to take my wife to Pruitt health care I requested a tour of the facility. In the lobby they have a big sign that said it was rated a 5 Star by USA Today. Wow I was impressed after touring this place. Everyone so friendly and all the employees greeted me with a smile. It was very clean and well kept. My wife was admitted on a Friday and I felt good about leaving her there. I went back over the weekend and I could not believe what I was seeing. Patient comes in her room in a wheelchair and attempts to remove clothes (shoes) from my wife's closet. I went to the front and told the receptionist and she advise me to go and tell the nurse at the nurse station. I felt she should have called the nurse station and advise them to check it out. Later on the same day I heard an older patient calling for help she was on the floor two doors down from the nurses station and they seem to ignoring her cries for help. I told them to help the older patient up off the floor and they were not in hurry to get her up. My wife was admitted back in the hospital because lack of care dehydrated, not being fed, etc. To make a long story short here are a list of things I did not like. visitors parking in handicap without a handicap tag. visitors parking in fire lanes. ( hope they never have to call the fire department.) No place to sit when visiting because I was told not all rooms have chairs. When notifying staff of the problems they give the impression you don't know what you are talking about. loosing things that belong to patient. Do not assume that your love one is being well kept spend some time, watch, listen, and observe. You will be surprised what you might see.

December 28, 2012

I've been into a lot of nursing homes and I think they're pretty good. But I think Unihealth is very good. I was there for two years. The staff is good as far as the ones that I've seen. They have a very good therapy department. They keep the place clean. The food is okay. It's not the greatest, but it's good, nutritious, and they don't put a lot of salt. For a lot of the older people there, they seem to think it's pretty good.

October 13, 2012

I believe the Ashton Woods was actually a pretty good place. The staff was kind enough to allow us to perform for the seniors and we also interacted with them. Some were fairly independent and some were not, but they seems relatively happy. The facility was clean, inside and outside. I felt some areas were a little outdated. I don't know to much about the amenities, but from what I observed, I saw it as an efficient. They could may be provide more like all facilities, but I think they fill the void by offer outside groups to volunteer to interact and have fun with the seniors. Basically, my main requirement for assisted living entities is that they do everything in their power to offer activities, medical help, positively and encouragement to keep them going because that's what keeps them alive and happy. That is what my grandparents wanted and I think the Ashton Woods does it.

June 10, 2012

By 2012x

Last month, my mom instructed me to "write a review--ONLINE" to describe her frustrating, negative experience at Unihealth Post Acute Care Brookhaven. Nice gardens and abundant bird feeders in no way make up for terrible food, being left for long periods of time out of reach of a call button, staff flipping on room lights or vacuuming in the middle of the night, difficulty in reaching nurses by phone or in trying to communicate with them in person, unprofessional medical and hygiene care, tests that were ordered but not carried out, and a rehab protocol that actually did damage to Mom's good limb. On one phone call, I was on hold for the nurse for more than 30 minutes, and then was connected to the wrong nurses' station; when that nurse tried to redirect the call, I was cut off and had to start the process all over again. The recorded message (which I on one call memorized from hearing it scores of times) boasts that Uni Health "is a home in every sense of the word"â€"�that's as deceptive as the facility's five-star rating (whatever THAT is supposed to indicate!). Aside from the two or three workers who were kind and helpful, the staff seemed unmotivated and more interested in covering for their mistakes than in doing a good job of compassionately providing good care (I was actually told a blatant falsehood about why the shower never took place that day). Buyer beware! If you choose this rehab center for someone you love, be ready to a) stay there 24-7 to oversee and advocate for the patient, or b) hire a medical professional to be there around the clock and make sure that what is supposed to happen does. And to make sure that what shouldn't happen doesn't.

September 01, 2011

By Kiera W

I have had a lot of problems with this facility. I don't know why they allow the person who drives the bus to make the patient's next appointment with the doctor, but they are terrible for missing appointments. I also think that the nursing staff are not very caring to the patients. They act like you are bothing them if you ask for something. I would overall not recommend the facility to anyone.

Features of Pruitthealth- Brookhaven

Medicare (ratings last updated: 03/01/18)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 02/01/2018

About Pruitthealth- Brookhaven

Pruitthealth- Brookhaven is a nursing home in Atlanta, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Pruitthealth- Brookhaven for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Pruitthealth- Brookhaven