New York Center For Rehab and Nursing

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of New York Center For Rehab and Nursing

July 27, 2016

By mrsvoutsis

My mother in law has been a resident of the facility for many years now. The staff is helpful and friendly. Nurses follow up in a timely manner and the recreation staff is very friendly. They plan and execute fun activities for the residents. Changes in the menus would be beneficial and greatly appreciated by the residents. Also an annual or semiannual dietary needs review would be great. Communication and open relationships are very important when dealing with your loved ones in a nursing home. Keeping close and constant communication with the staff (doctors, nurses, recreation and administration) is fundamental. The staff at New York Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing helps make it happen.

December 29, 2015

By Ira P

Do not use this facility. They are understaffed and honestly most of the staff doesn't even care. They are mean and don't want to help. I would call the nursing station about 5 times before someone came. I would even walk over to it and no one would help me. I'm so disgusted by this place. Someone should close this place down. Those poor people that are still there. No one even watches them.

May 18, 2015

By Marta729921

Hi my name is Marta P. and I've been here for three months. I just want to let you know that the staff here at New York Center for Rehab & Nursing facility is remarkable. You could see the professionalism and love that they have for all the patients here at the center. I recommend this facility very highly to all of my friends and to anyone that will need any help with a loved one in the nursing home or a rehabilitation center. I am very very happy to have come here. My back has been improved in a way imaginable. Thank you very much.

March 23, 2015

By Coffee lady

Physical therapists especially Glenn top-notch - excellent. Cannot say enough about him. Went into rehab after total hip replacement, Glenn, along with his physical therapists, had me home after two weeks able to walk up three flights of stairs. He's phenomenal!

December 24, 2014

By sandralaura

I visited this facility and was impressed by the professionalism of the staff, the variety of recreational activities offered, and the cleanliness of the facility. There is a feeling of caring and concern for the residents. The Recreation Director, Alla, oversees a program of activities for residents which is creative, beneficial, and enjoyable.

November 27, 2014

By serafina

My mom has been in this place for 2 years. Everyone in the facility has been very helpful and caring to my mother. I would reccomend it to other people who need extra help taking care of their loved ones. Every week there are different events or activities to keep everyone entertained.

August 26, 2014

By LolaTiti

If you have a failry stable and healthy family member the place is OK. Their rehab therapists are cheerful and encouraging and their aides are generally kind and warm. Unfortunately, if your family member is frail they are too understaffed to really pay the necessary attention. Everyone is too busy with basic tasks and reluctant when asked for more. My mother went there for rehab but was 91 and had complex health issues. I expresssed concern about her swelling and it took about 5 days for her to get medication( not enough). I thought she was deteriorating and asked to send her to the hospital but was told only the MD could do it and he was not available and that a message was left for him. He didn't come to see her that night before I left at 9:30. The nurse that night told me she was on meds and doing OK. When I pointed out her swelling was worse he answered she came in with swelling and was stable. I truly regret believing he knew what he was doing. Nobody said she's very frail and may not be OK. i wanted to beleive the nurse and his supervisor.The next day I got a call stating she was unresponsive and they called an ambulance but she died. I believe she was in heart failure and should have been sent to the hospital sooner. I am left wondering if the fact it was Friday and they would not be able to fill the bed had something to do with the delay in calling help. Do not beleive the 5 star hype. The place was luxurious in the seventies but the second floor hasn't seen any changes since. The rooms are spacious and seem to get a good cleaning once a week. Sometimes there are lots of wrappers on the floor and the garbage bags are at the bottom of the cans but not actually on the cans to collect garbage. I had to put them on. If you have medically stable relatives with dementia or conditions who need custodial care or rehab the place may work well for you. If your family member is more vulnerable, look elsewhere.

Features of New York Center For Rehab and Nursing

• Italian
  • Russian
  • Spanish

About New York Center For Rehab and Nursing

New York Center For Rehab and Nursing is a nursing home in Astoria, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact New York Center For Rehab and Nursing for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of New York Center For Rehab and Nursing