New York Center For Rehab and Nursing

26-13 21ST STREET, Astoria, NY, 11102

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of New York Center For Rehab and Nursing

sandralaura December 24, 2014

I visited this facility and was impressed by the professionalism of the staff, the variety of recreational activities offered, and the cleanliness of the facility. There is a feeling of caring and concern for the residents. The Recreation Director, Alla, oversees a program of activities for residents which is creative, beneficial, and enjoyable.

serafina November 27, 2014

My mom has been in this place for 2 years. Everyone in the facility has been very helpful and caring to my mother. I would reccomend it to other people who need extra help taking care of their loved ones. Every week there are different events or activities to keep everyone entertained.

LolaTiti August 26, 2014

If you have a failry stable and healthy family member the place is OK. Their rehab therapists are cheerful and encouraging and their aides are generally kind and warm. Unfortunately, if your family member is frail they are too understaffed to really pay the necessary attention. Everyone is too busy with basic tasks and reluctant when asked for more. My mother went there for rehab but was 91 and had complex health issues. I expresssed concern about her swelling and it took about 5 days for her to get medication( not enough). I thought she was deteriorating and asked to send her to the hospital but was told only the MD could do it and he was not available and that a message was left for him. He didn't come to see her that night before I left at 9:30. The nurse that night told me she was on meds and doing OK. When I pointed out her swelling was worse he answered she came in with swelling and was stable. I truly regret believing he knew what he was doing. Nobody said she's very frail and may not be OK. i wanted to beleive the nurse and his supervisor.The next day I got a call stating she was unresponsive and they called an ambulance but she died. I believe she was in heart failure and should have been sent to the hospital sooner. I am left wondering if the fact it was Friday and they would not be able to fill the bed had something to do with the delay in calling help. Do not beleive the 5 star hype. The place was luxurious in the seventies but the second floor hasn't seen any changes since. The rooms are spacious and seem to get a good cleaning once a week. Sometimes there are lots of wrappers on the floor and the garbage bags are at the bottom of the cans but not actually on the cans to collect garbage. I had to put them on. If you have medically stable relatives with dementia or conditions who need custodial care or rehab the place may work well for you. If your family member is more vulnerable, look elsewhere.

About New York Center For Rehab and Nursing

New York Center For Rehab and Nursing is a nursing home in Astoria, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact New York Center For Rehab and Nursing for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of New York Center For Rehab and Nursing

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

• Italian