Randolph Health and Rehabilitation Center

230 EAST PRESNELL STREET, Asheboro, NC, 27203

Reviews of Randolph Health and Rehabilitation Center

badplace101 June 24, 2015

Please for the love of our heavenly Father do not put your family members or your pets in this place. My Grannie has been there for about a month. Her rings were stolen off her hand and she is bruised with a cut on her fingers almost like she was attached. They stole her favorite blanket. And the nurses could care less. They sit in he hallway and eat pizza on the same cart the distribute there meds. The nurses do not answer the call buttons. I had to go to the station and tell the "nurse" do u hear the call alarm going off? She said someone will be there soon. Guess what NO NURSE. There are Cobb webs in the corners of the bathroom. Her laundry basket is always full with dirty laundry. These people are only there for a paycheck and nothing else. My Grannie is never supervised and has a new bruise every time I go. She is being move ASAP.

Axel2288 February 07, 2015

so many issues I could write a book.... to the point I pulled my loved one out of this facility. Took him to a emergency room and would have took a leave of absence from work if I needed to, until I found somewhere else for him to go. He has severe TBI... can talk, cognitve good... but whispers when he speaks and hard to understand. I would like to think if he could do more independently for himself it wouldn't be as bad... because he wouldn't be 100% dependent on others to care for his daily needs... but he can't. and within days of being in this facility he told a family member he wished he had died. he was never that sad. he has always made us smile when we would visit him. I was very passionate about his care and brought concerns to staff... I was bucked so I was told I would have to speak to the administrator. When I spoke to administrator she was not helpful. Not compassionate about my loved ones safety and needs. So... no matter what I say... don't go by the ratings... check it out for yourself... and COMPARE IN PERSON. I didn't. I went by the ratings and the friendly voice from the admissions lady. I really beleived that I was placing my loved one in a good place because I went to medicarenursinghomecompare.com... and did my homework. It is important for a loved one to be cared for in many ways. Compassion, clean... to be safe and a sense of safety. Cared for and feel wanted. My first experience was negative; but lived and learned... and the journey will go up from here. Randolph Health and Rehab in February 2015 is in the negative stars.... Check out in person... and look at the patients.... don't just listen to the happy admin lets get the money people. My loved one can't do much on his own at all... If he was able to get up... give himself a bath, holler to get a nurse attention and just there for other reasons... it wouldn't have been that bad. maybe two stars... some staff was good... but shaking my head... night from hell when I took him out... but now... he is in a better place.. so I guess things happen for reason.

ie: call button was placed where he couldn't reach it. called to ask to see if things were done to patient on the way to facility... didn't let them know we were on the way.. we are out of town.. got there and was lied to by staff. A staff member was very ugly to family member in front of patient and lied about what actually happened.
Patient laid in bed all night long with severe headache because he couldn't get any ones attention. stretching for fingers with brain injury wasn't done for two days. Teeth weren't brushed for a week... and a week without a bath. like I said... if he could do these things on his own... maybe two stars. what's okay for one.... isn't okay for all.... living and learning.

Lindzclaire August 13, 2014

I am the daughter of a patient currently at Randolph Health and Rehab. My mother has been in the facility for physical rehabilitation after undergoing 41 days in ICU at Forsyth Memorial Hospital. There she underwent numerous issues, was on life support for three weeks, double bypass and mitral valve repair surgery, pneumonia, etc. She had not been mobile or out of a bed for 6 weeks. They moved her to this rehab center to stay and get back on her feet until they felt she was able to go home. During the time my mother has spent there, there have been a number of different issues. First off, when she arrived, by ambulance on a Friday evening, after being transported from Forsyth Hospital in Winston Salem, they did not have the correct medication for her. They told her it would be Monday before that was fixed given it was the weekend. Another problem she has faced is the other patients wondering around the halls and into her room at night. She is in her own room alone, but the nurses have had to come escort other patients out who wonder in at nighttime. They have only been doing 30 minutes to an hour of physical therapy each day. She needs significantly more than that. The major issue we have faced is that while she is staying at this rehab facility, they are responsible for getting her to doctors appointments. She missed her first doctors appointment with the heart surgeon last week because they werent ready to take her on time. She is in a facility an hour away from her normal life and doctors. The facility is more than aware of this. She was forced to reschedule her appointment for today August 13, 2014 at 1:00pm. She reminded the staff many times and at 10am today a nurse came in to assure her they would leave on time. ONCE AGAIN, they werent ready to go until approx. 30 minutes before her appointment time, resulting in her missing her HEART appointment AGAIN! UNEXCEPTABLE! My mother just underwent a MAJOR 99% blocked main artery bypass. Making it to her follow up appointments less than a month after seems to be a bit important. My mother has not had much if any of a positive experience here. I highly reccommend you look at other facilities before choosing this one for your loved one.

Caring69600250 September 27, 2013

My sister was in Randolph Health and Rehab. It was a really short stay for her. She was in a double room, which was not spacious. The staff was probably better than some, but to me it wasn't outstanding. I only liked one particular lady there that was super nice. She was like my momma. My sister wasn't able to participate in their activities. Nevertheless, they only had very few of them. Food was average. I would recommend this place with some reservation. I think they need more staff.

lasko June 17, 2013

This facility has treated my friend fabulous. She was afraid initially going into a nursing home but she has been treated with kindness and generosity since she arrived. She has what is called an ambassador that sees her every day to make sure she is doing well and takes care of any concerns that she may have. There are not odors and the place is kept neat and clean. The patients are happy and the staff are always smiling. I would recommend this facility.

jksmith77 August 05, 2011

I am not sure you will even want to waste your time with this one. Crime is up in the area for one. The building is not in the best of shape in or out. The staff is not the happiest bunch or even the most knowledgeable. They couldn't answer simple medical questions.

I am a former Army nurse and these are questions you can answer in your first week in civilian medical school. This is not a good sign. The outdoors didn't look all that great and I heard from one of the patients that they do not like it there but they have no where else to go. Do you know how that made me feel?

Avoid the place. I did my homework and the place has gotten other bad reviews also.

sassyone376 March 07, 2011

Non-caring physicility

We took my mother to Randolph Health and Rehabilitation Center on Friday after she suffered a stroke; she was to receive rehabilitation to help her with balance. When we took her there she had use of all of her facalities, (arms & leggs)etc. When I first checked out the facility I told them I wanted my mother taken care of and not mistreated and was assured that she would get more than normal care. On Saturday we went down to the facility to check on Mom, she was in a deep sleep and we could not wake her up. We were told that this was normal after a stroke. On Sunday morning we went back down to check on Mom again and she was somewhat coherent, she said that her foot hurt. I examined her foot and found it to be all drawned up and when I asked her to raise her left arm she could not. It was apparent that she had another stroke. My sister went and got the nurse and I ask her what was wrong with her ability to move her arm and she stated that she was like that when she came in. This was not true I was with her when she checked out of the hospital and had use of her arms and legs. The nurse tried to stand her up on a leg that she had no control over. The nurse finally said I guess I need to call the doctor. The doctor sent an anbulance to pick her up and she was admitted. The ER doctor said she had a very serious stroke and she was paralized on the left side. I just don't know why the nurse couldn't have found this instead of us having to bring this to her attention. One of the other employees told the nurse that my mother was able to use her arms and legs when she was brought in. The only thing they had to say before we left was that if we wanted to preserve her room for her return we would have to pay out of pocket which is not cheap. I told them she would not be coming back to this place. My mother laid in her bed in a room that felt like an oven and her clothes were soaked. She had a major stroke that no one found and she could have laid ther and died. I would not recommend this facility to anyone. Be cautious that sweet smile that you are greeted with may not be the sweet person that is assigned to look after you loved one.

About Randolph Health and Rehabilitation Center

Randolph Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Asheboro, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Randolph Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Randolph Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Randolph Health and Rehabilitation Center