Manorcare at Arlington Heights

715 WEST CENTRAL ROAD, Arlington Heights, IL, 60005

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Manorcare at Arlington Heights

RegretfulDaughter October 29, 2013

My father came to ManorCare AH after a hospital stay. My dad needed to regain his strength through physical and occupational therapy so that he could go back home. He had lived at home and was able to drive, cook, clean, do laundry, go to Senior Center every day, etc. He entered ManorCare weighing 180 pounds. He should have been there a month or two, max. Due to poor care, he was not discharged on time and ended up back in the hospital. He weighed 180 when he arrived and weighed in at 150 when he left. For 3 months, he had an undiagnosed infection (abscess) in his spine (discitis) which is incredibly painful. His RN said she was going to order a psych evaluation because she thought the pain was actually anxiety. Thank God for that misdiagnosis because it is what convinced me that my gut was right about this place. His diet was wrong (cardiac vs. diabetic) despite numerous meetings with Dietitians, Head of Catering, Administrators, Nurses, etc. They do not have anywhere near enough CNAs to help with toilet assistance or anything else. My dad hurt his hand because no one could help him get off the commode. His hand should have been stitched but instead was bandaged which resulted in necrosis. My dad had to use this bedside tray table as a "walker" to get to the bathroom. Press the call button, a CNA come in and turn the light off and indicates they or a nurse will be right back. They never return because they are so overworked. Obviously, if this had all happened at once at the start of my dad's stay, I would have run for the hills. My dad had just started to use a cane when he arrived, degraded to a walker and now is in a wheel chair. I wish someone had written an honest review of this place so I could have taken my dad elsewhere. I also wish I had known about Midwest Palliative Care sooner. I have a new Dr. for my dad. 3 days at the hospital on IV antibiotics, the abscess drained, proper care and my dad has gone from asking for hospice care to looking forward to starting physical therapy and gaining some weight at another facility so that he can go home and LIVE again!

steven July 23, 2013

a good friend of mine is going though rehab service and staff our awesome very clean hard workers there

is40 December 09, 2012

The care is poor, staff is overworked. Toilets and bathrooms are not cleaned regularly. I don't trust anyone would want their loved one taken care of there.My mother stayed there and it was a nightmare.Poor customer service.

ajlr March 01, 2012

The facility is very decent. Amenities are great and well-maintained. Everywhere is neat and clean. It makes you feel comfortable, it makes you feel at home. The staff is well-trained and polite. They are hardworking and dedicated to their jobs. They make sure that the patients and their families are happy and contented to the service they provide. Customer-service really matters. What is business without customers. In order to give the best care to the patients, they also need to have enough budget and continue to take good care of their employees. Overall, I can see that this facility made a long way and is very successful. It's been existing for a long time, lots of experiences and is tested through times. They become a part of the family for a lot of people.They are known for their quality service, fair pricing and good name. A name that you can trust and depend.They are confident in all that they do. They provide proper training to their people, good service to the clients and they give you satisfaction. They are amazing people. They take good care of their patients. Happiness and satisfaction of their patients are their goals. The building, itself is well-designed and spacious. Parking areas are big and huge. Great interior design and beautifully decorated.It's like a home away from home.

Social Wk Care Mngr December 19, 2011

This facility provides both short term rehab and long term care. It could be described as a "typical" suburban Manorcare facility, as it provides a fairly typical product for this corporate chain. It is situated not far from the hospital on a fairly busy street in a safe area. There is limited available outdoor space though it is possible to go for a walk fairly easily into the adjacent residential neighborhood where there are well maintained sidewalks. The common areas are clean and nicely decorated, though since this is a larger building the common sitting areas can often be "full" so that family visiting is most often done in the resident's room. The rooms are of average size and the furnishings and aesthetics are generally well maintained. The food is not exciting but is palatable and not bad. Staffing is adequate and provides professional, kind and appropriate care, though at times there is waiting for assistance and it might seem like not enough staff to meet all resident needs, at least not all at once.

Susan O August 20, 2011

My aunt passed away recently in this facility. She was first on the bottom floor. Small room, not enough light, poorly staffed, beds have no rails so she feel many times. They put a pad on the floor. She was finally moved up to second floor. The room was bigger and had a window. Again, no rails on the bed so bed was almost on the floor. We were there for two hours before someone checked on her. She smelled and needed a bath. The facility was dirty, smelled and understaffed. One of the worst I have been to for care of seniors.

About Manorcare at Arlington Heights

Manorcare at Arlington Heights is a nursing home in Arlington Heights, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manorcare at Arlington Heights for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manorcare at Arlington Heights

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manorcare at Arlington Heights