Lutheran Home

800 West Oakton Street, Arlington Heights, IL, 60004

Reviews of Lutheran Home

August 27, 2014

By Amy Z

My father has been transfered between the hospital and the Lutheran Home several times over the past 6 months. He has received excellent care. The hospital staff has called the Lutheran Home to compliment them on the care provided as my father's health is quite complicated. While the new rehab facility is beautiful, it is the staff and the cares they provide that matter. Each and every member of his care team - the MD, the RN's, the aides, the Wound Care specialist, the therapists, the dietary aides - all provide caring and competent care.

November 22, 2012

By lovemydad1

The Lutheran Home (main buildings and retirement homes) are beautiful. Had always heard this was a wonderful place for loved ones. Very close to home for our family to have our Dad near by. He had to be admitted as an (after care) patient from a hospital stay. The staff was not overly friendly, the food was gross, and the care wasn't to great either. Our family, (my Dad included), were shocked. My Dad was in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's, not in a wheel chair either. Most of the patients were pushed in front of the nurses station and a tv or video playing in front of them. Many of them had there heads laying down on the table where they were seated. My Dad never ate in the eating area with the rest, because it was so creepy. While visiting, someone (many) patients would by yelling "help me". It was a little like one flew over the Cuckoos nest. My Dad would look down the hall and say "look at all those dead people". He did not stay long, and I have heard they were making changes (I hope).

July 30, 2012

By rosenero

They treat my loved one with care and respect. She is well cared for, and she is happy. The facility is very clean, the staff are wonderful. The overall facility is very nice. I wish that there was a place for family's to dine and/or visit with other residents and their family on the unit.

March 10, 2012

By weme

I had two grandparents live at assisted living one was awful it smelled, the food was awful and she would often complain. This place was absolulty amazing it was very clean and my grandma had her own room.The room was always clean very nice and orginized, she had her own tv and bathroom. The food was great too because she gained weight while she was there unlike my other grandma who lost a lot. There was a lot of chance for her to socoalize with the other residents staying there and she made some new friends.It was a little more expensive but it was so much more worth it. The staff treated her great she would compliment them often. The grounds were also great beutiful to wheel her around and go on walks with. Overall a great place I was very impressed and greatfull that she got to spend her days in a much better place .

July 29, 2011

By ernaburger

My husband (AD)went to the "cherished Place" it is a day care facility- well run and financially do able. Services are from 7am to 6pm They are very well staffed, with Doctor and nurses on site, if needed they also suppy transportation for a fee Inclusive to their fee are meals (lunch, snacks) activities and outings My husband went once a week for three months, but he was uncoopertive so I stopped taking him. Might try again as disease progresses.

Features of Lutheran Home

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Church Related
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Lutheran Home

When an illness, injury, joint replacement or hospital stay sidelines you, Lutheran Home's rehabilitation and return-to-wellness program on campus—MyRehab—is available to help speed your recovery. Services include physical and occupational therapy, speech, respiratory and lymphedema therapy and other rehabilitation services, all supervised by highly skilled health professionals and therapists.

Map of Lutheran Home