The Oaks at Sweeten Creek

3864 SWEETEN CREEK RD, Arden, NC, 28704

Reviews of The Oaks at Sweeten Creek

August 14, 2016

By Caring_2646756

My mother was a resident at The Oaks twice. Once as a rehab patient and then the second time for a couple of years as a resident. On the whole my mother received good care. As her health declined I found that she was treated well and with as much attention as possible. The nurses and aides were friendly and attentive. My mother did have an issue with her roommate who could sometimes be cruel. It took a while for this roommate to be moved but the staff tried to make sure that my mother was treated well. The Oaks always seemed to be clean and looked as homey as possible. I wish that they would update the furnishings and add more color in the public areas because it can seem a bit dreary. On the whole I think Mom was treated well in her final couple of years at The Oaks.

March 01, 2014

By notsurprised

I am very shocked that no body is concerned for our elders. The man before us has special needs and should not be here with the lack of caregivers he was literally tied down with a bed sheet! The next things that I witnessed on my way to have coffee this morning was my friends Joe and Sarah shivering at nursing station. I asked Joe if he was ready for our morning cup of coffee, he replied , No. As he gasped for air! His oxygen line had fallen off! His head was tilted down with drool coming down his face! I then asked him if he wanted me to put his oxygen line back on his nose he said yes! I did place it back up to his nose and over his left ear! His head popped up and he said as he took in deep breath! I'm cold can you get me a blanket! I said, yes! I looked at Sarah and asked her if she wanted a blanket! She said yes! I turned to my left and seen an elderly lady in a special wheelchair with a tray on it shoved all the way up to her breast pressing her back into the vinyl straps of the back of the chair. She was crying and I did not know how to help her! I went to get my CNA to help with the blankets and the lady crying! I'm praying as I go down 100 hall! Lord help me help them! I asked the CNA's to get blankets and help the lady. They said, in a couple minutes. Then I went back to tell my friends Joe and Sarah that help was coming! Is it really coming!

June 13, 2012

By oxgolfer

My first impression of the facility was that it seemed very clean and was well maintained. Furnishings were arranged to give residents a feel of home. Staff was friendly and very professional. Like most assisted living facilities, there were too many residents for the number of staff on duty. My mother is there due to a fall causing a broken leg at another assisted living facility. The Oaks staff were much more attentive to the fall risk associated. Also, the staff went out of their way to get to know not only my mother but the rest of the family as well. The only real complaint that I have concerning the oaks is of the kitchen staff. The doctor and the family left specific instructions on types of food to avoid. The kitchen continually ignored those instructions and sent food that was listed as food to avoid. Nursing staff did a good job in removing that food, and returning with approved items

Features of The Oaks at Sweeten Creek

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About The Oaks at Sweeten Creek

The Oaks at Sweeten Creek is a nursing home in Arden, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Oaks at Sweeten Creek for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Oaks at Sweeten Creek