Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow

6700 COLUMBIA PK, Annandale, VA, 22003

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow

formeremployee33 December 28, 2015

This place is awful. CNA's are awful, they steal from residents and don't help change residents unless it's "their resident" - other facilities never do that!

IF you care about your loved one, look elsewhere!

Anonymous113743750 October 31, 2015

Golden LivingCenter is kind of a warehouse, where they put my daughter in a room and they don't even let her walk around the building. They just take people in, and they give them a room. They give them three meals, which are not all that great. There are no activities that I'm aware of. There is nothing they do. There are no programs to look into the problems they have, and they do charge a lot. The room is so-so, and she can't use the shower, for reasons I don't understand. They said the shower works fine, but they're not supposed to use it. In case they scream, they're afraid that if she has fallen or something, they won't hear it, but they've got pull cords and push buttons if anything like that occurs. It is not a good place for anybody in the situation of my daughter. She has primarily a memory problem, but she is physically just fine, and they have a lot of people there where they have serious physical problems. The people are nice; they just don't do anything. If they gave their residents a little attention and try to make their stay there pleasant, it would be nice, but they have no interest, apparently, on that. She has been there almost six months now.

Jennifer4555 October 19, 2015

I am the POA of a friend in my housing community and I had to make a decision on where I should send her for several months. Golden Living was the only place that went over her treatment plan, the goals they had for her and the outcomes they gave me on a monthly basis. I agree with the rest of the reviews that the building could use a nice lift me up but the nursing staff that is available around the clock is the best, they truely enjoy their job and want to see the residents happy! I love the activities they plan daily for the residents, keeps them engaged!!

alexjar October 08, 2015

When I was researching short term rehab for my Uncle I was hesitant due to being from Eqypt and being Muslim we typically care for our elders ourselves. Despite this, I had to place my Uncle since I was going to England for a business trip. The facility was the only one I looked at that actually cared about my uncle, made sure I was notified of his progress and got his strength back! Many facilities dont have private rooms , more importantly rehab 7 days a week, for this I choose GOLDEN LIVING. If you want your loved one taken care of choose this facility, I live in north Alexandria but drive a bit of a distance to make sure my uncle gets the best quality care.

Michael533 September 02, 2015

My mother has been for 8 years. We love that she is here. She was first diagnosed with dementia about 7 years ago. We choose this facility because it was close to home. I knew a couple of people that work here and they were very happy. She was unconscious and doing badly at another facility. Alexandria sent her to another facility because the doctor worked at another nursing home in Alexandria but she was doing poorly. They staff here treat my mom like family. The nurses here are much invested in my mothers care they even came to support her during her daughters funeral. They call me when she sneezes they want to make sure I am involved in her care. Basically she had only 2 trips to the hospital in 8 years!!! Everyone in this building gives excellent care to the residents, I strongly recommend this facility over the others.

Sheryl344 August 10, 2015

We looked at several facilitiyes and patient wise there wasnt alot of activitiy. The facility was not so updated but they were SO accomdoating. The people brought me and my family here. I placed My husband here 7 years ago. I was so overwhlemed before I placed my husband here. At other facilities we shopped around , there were more fancy and updated but the actibvities were nonexistant. At golden Living in Annandale, the activities were much more active. The rehab and the CNA are the best we love them so much. They all know me and my daughter very well. When I ask a question and an employee doesnt have an answer, they will find it out and be a resource either way. They notice the changes in my husband when it comes up. I visit my husband every week. There is this activities man, Clearance, he is so engaging , he pants womans finger nails, he has sing alongs with residents every day. We have a real connection with the staff, very professional here. We live in Ashburn 45 min away but we still choose to have my husband in Annandale, VA. There were heat issues but they fixed it quickly and were attentive to our needs.

Jon Hoffiman July 31, 2015

My Father is getting treated for a UTI and other issues after coming out of Fairfax hospital. The care here is good quality care, I love the activities director and the folks in the rehab center they are professional and truely care about my dad. My aunt has been in and out of Alexandria hospital and we are looking for a rehab facility for her as well. We are signing papers for Golden Living as well , now I have 2 family members that are going to have great care here. I agree with reviews stating some parts of the facility is outdated but the nurses and the staff care about my dad, they know him and his needs very well. I trust them.

Lisak45 July 25, 2015

My friends mother had to go to a nursing home in a matter of 2 days so I helped her choose between nursing homes near her home. Golden livibg sleepy hollow was the best choice. The nurses seem to be very knowledgable and the other staff that were not MD and nurses assisted my friends mother with her requests. They accommodate the residents and when it's my time to take care of my mom I'll be bringing her here. Building is a little outdated but care is simply outstanding..

victree77 December 28, 2014

My 88 year old Dad went to Golden Living after a craniotomy. The interior of the rehabilitation section was relatively new and clean, although some sections had a strong smell of urine. The OT, PT, and speech therapist were ok. The problem for our family was the discharge planning and assistance from the facility to navigate the world of elder care was nonexistent. Discharge is just as important as the care and cannot be treated lightly.

Youngest daughter1 June 09, 2012

The only reason I did not give it the full 5 stars was because of the misunderstanding about payment and the age of the facility. The care I felt was excellent, the meals that I saw were of great quality, but the building was old and needed repair. My mother and I had to walk the entire length of the building to visit my father because an entire section was closed off. The nurses really worked with my father and helped him get to a point to return home. We understood that his dementia/alzheimers will get worse but until that time we have my father at home.

About Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow

Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow is a nursing home in Annandale, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow