Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow

6700 COLUMBIA PK, Annandale, VA, 22003

Reviews of Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow

William830554 June 17, 2016

We were able to move my loved one into Golden Living Center-Sleepy Hollow the Friday right before Mother’s Day. It seems like a wonderful facility. The people that work there and the tenants all seem like very nice people. The nursing staff is wonderful and is always on top of thing. I wouldn’t call the room great, but I would call it perfect for her needs because she needs around-the-clock care and the room offers that perfectly.

Thank you William for taking time to share your positive experience at Golden LivingCenter - Sleepy Hollow. Our patients and residents are our highest priority.

Cameron23 May 27, 2016

Cameron is my name, I am a daughter, my mother was placed in emerald court after getting surgery at Inova Fairfax Hospital. The staff were excellent, my mother was in pain and they adjusted her meds so she felt more comfortable and more able to work hard in physical therapy. The staff were like family to us, anytime we needed sometime their reponse time was impeccable. I am a lawyer in DC and had placed my mother in another facility prior that was horrible due to poor care and unresponsiveness.

Thank you Cameron for taking the time to share your positive experience at Golden LivingCenter - Sleepy Hollow. We are so glad that your experience surpassed your expectations - specifically the caring staff. Our patients and residents are our highest priority.

Vabe May 16, 2016

We were told upon discharge that the room in facility we would be going to would be located in the new wing. We had another facility that offered us a single person room and decided to select Golden living because of the newer quarters. However, when we arrived, they played a bait a switch and moved us to a dingy, smelly area that has not been updated since the '70s and they didn't even have the room ready for us. The sheets were stained, the bed they were going to give us was broken and luckily the transportation people would not leave until they switched out the bed and provided my father oxygen. The nurses kept saying they never received any orders and the transportation group said they called 2.5 hrs ago and kept getting the run around on the phone and were told that someone would call them back. No one did. So, ss we were waiting for about half an hour outside the room for them to get it ready, one of the resident's was telling a nurse walking by that "my roommate hasn't been given any food or drink all day...you can't treat people that way". The nurse just kept on walking. The staff seemed unhappy, and we had to ask what everything as to what happened next...when does he feed, shower (only twice a week), physical therapy, etc. If you want a television in your room, you need to bring your own. I don't know how it got so many good reviews.

We are sorry to hear your report of this experience, and will follow up with our caregivers to understand the situation more fully.

Joan121731850 April 25, 2016

I absolutely love the staff at Golden Living Center (Sleepy Hollow). They understood how difficult it was for my sister and I because of the distance I had to drive all the time to see her. They were very helpful in helping me fill out the paperwork. They were very nice to her, but it was a different environment. She was in an enclosed, narrow, little hallway of rooms. It was much more expensive, too. There were four people in a room with her, and it amounted to $11,000 a month when they said it would be $8,000; where I am, it's $5,800 for three in a room. The activities were minimal, like singing, coloring and artwork stuff, but I guess it was geared to people who are less able to do things. The food was very nice. They fed me because I came almost four days a week. It's just not my cup of tea. The staff was delightful.

Thank you Joan for taking time to share your family's positive experience. Our patients and residents are our highest priority. We are so glad that our delightful staff surpassed your expectations. Again, thank you.

formeremployee33 December 28, 2015

Other

This place is awful. CNA's are awful, they steal from residents and don't help change residents unless it's "their resident" - other facilities never do that! IF you care about your loved one, look elsewhere!

Anonymous113743750 October 31, 2015

Golden LivingCenter is kind of a warehouse, where they put my daughter in a room and they don't even let her walk around the building. They just take people in, and they give them a room. They give them three meals, which are not all that great. There are no activities that I'm aware of. There is nothing they do. There are no programs to look into the problems they have, and they do charge a lot. The room is so-so, and she can't use the shower, for reasons I don't understand. They said the shower works fine, but they're not supposed to use it. In case they scream, they're afraid that if she has fallen or something, they won't hear it, but they've got pull cords and push buttons if anything like that occurs. It is not a good place for anybody in the situation of my daughter. She has primarily a memory problem, but she is physically just fine, and they have a lot of people there where they have serious physical problems. The people are nice; they just don't do anything. If they gave their residents a little attention and try to make their stay there pleasant, it would be nice, but they have no interest, apparently, on that. She has been there almost six months now.

Jennifer4555 October 19, 2015

I am the POA of a friend in my housing community and I had to make a decision on where I should send her for several months. Golden Living was the only place that went over her treatment plan, the goals they had for her and the outcomes they gave me on a monthly basis. I agree with the rest of the reviews that the building could use a nice lift me up but the nursing staff that is available around the clock is the best, they truely enjoy their job and want to see the residents happy! I love the activities they plan daily for the residents, keeps them engaged!!

alexjar October 08, 2015

When I was researching short term rehab for my Uncle I was hesitant due to being from Eqypt and being Muslim we typically care for our elders ourselves. Despite this, I had to place my Uncle since I was going to England for a business trip. The facility was the only one I looked at that actually cared about my uncle, made sure I was notified of his progress and got his strength back! Many facilities dont have private rooms , more importantly rehab 7 days a week, for this I choose GOLDEN LIVING. If you want your loved one taken care of choose this facility, I live in north Alexandria but drive a bit of a distance to make sure my uncle gets the best quality care.

Michael533 September 02, 2015

My mother has been for 8 years. We love that she is here. She was first diagnosed with dementia about 7 years ago. We choose this facility because it was close to home. I knew a couple of people that work here and they were very happy. She was unconscious and doing badly at another facility. Alexandria sent her to another facility because the doctor worked at another nursing home in Alexandria but she was doing poorly. They staff here treat my mom like family. The nurses here are much invested in my mothers care they even came to support her during her daughters funeral. They call me when she sneezes they want to make sure I am involved in her care. Basically she had only 2 trips to the hospital in 8 years!!! Everyone in this building gives excellent care to the residents, I strongly recommend this facility over the others.

Sheryl344 August 10, 2015

We looked at several facilitiyes and patient wise there wasnt alot of activitiy. The facility was not so updated but they were SO accomdoating. The people brought me and my family here. I placed My husband here 7 years ago. I was so overwhlemed before I placed my husband here. At other facilities we shopped around , there were more fancy and updated but the actibvities were nonexistant. At golden Living in Annandale, the activities were much more active. The rehab and the CNA are the best we love them so much. They all know me and my daughter very well. When I ask a question and an employee doesnt have an answer, they will find it out and be a resource either way. They notice the changes in my husband when it comes up. I visit my husband every week. There is this activities man, Clearance, he is so engaging , he pants womans finger nails, he has sing alongs with residents every day. We have a real connection with the staff, very professional here. We live in Ashburn 45 min away but we still choose to have my husband in Annandale, VA. There were heat issues but they fixed it quickly and were attentive to our needs.

Jon Hoffiman July 31, 2015

My Father is getting treated for a UTI and other issues after coming out of Fairfax hospital. The care here is good quality care, I love the activities director and the folks in the rehab center they are professional and truely care about my dad. My aunt has been in and out of Alexandria hospital and we are looking for a rehab facility for her as well. We are signing papers for Golden Living as well , now I have 2 family members that are going to have great care here. I agree with reviews stating some parts of the facility is outdated but the nurses and the staff care about my dad, they know him and his needs very well. I trust them.

Lisak45 July 25, 2015

My friends mother had to go to a nursing home in a matter of 2 days so I helped her choose between nursing homes near her home. Golden livibg sleepy hollow was the best choice. The nurses seem to be very knowledgable and the other staff that were not MD and nurses assisted my friends mother with her requests. They accommodate the residents and when it's my time to take care of my mom I'll be bringing her here. Building is a little outdated but care is simply outstanding..

victree77 December 28, 2014

My 88 year old Dad went to Golden Living after a craniotomy. The interior of the rehabilitation section was relatively new and clean, although some sections had a strong smell of urine. The OT, PT, and speech therapist were ok. The problem for our family was the discharge planning and assistance from the facility to navigate the world of elder care was nonexistent. Discharge is just as important as the care and cannot be treated lightly.

Youngest daughter1 June 09, 2012

The only reason I did not give it the full 5 stars was because of the misunderstanding about payment and the age of the facility. The care I felt was excellent, the meals that I saw were of great quality, but the building was old and needed repair. My mother and I had to walk the entire length of the building to visit my father because an entire section was closed off. The nurses really worked with my father and helped him get to a point to return home. We understood that his dementia/alzheimers will get worse but until that time we have my father at home.

About Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow

Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow is a nursing home in Annandale, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Golden Livingcenter - Sleepy Hollow

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: