Heartland Health Care Center-ann Arbor

4701 E. HURON RIVER DR, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105

Reviews of Heartland Health Care Center-ann Arbor

kevin2013bo February 07, 2014

I was a patient at Heartland Health Care Center – Ann Arbor for three months and my experience far exceeded my expectations. Like most people, I have heard the negative stories about nursing homes and did not know what to expect before I arrived. From the very first night I was pleasantly surprised and the experience was far superior to that of the two well known, respected hospitals from where I transferred. I was admitted for therapy and I must say the therapy departments are exceptional. I have been told I can be a fairly demanding individual, but I couldn’t have been more thrilled as the therapy department literally helped me get my life back. I came into Heartland on a stretcher unable to sit up or even move my legs in bed and I walked out under my own steam. There are always going to be challenges whenever someone is away from home and out of their comfort zone. While no center is perfect at all times, the staff at Heartland Ann Arbor has expertise, experience, commitment and the equipment to meet patient needs and in my case, exceed them. Simple words cannot adequately express my gratitude.

Barbara75409050 December 24, 2013

I was in a rehab facility and it was horrendous. I was at Heartland Health Care Center. The place was filthy. They knew I was coming but they were not prepared. They didn't have the proper wheelchair or anything set up. They were scrambling for an hour and a half trying to find a way to get me into something. They just weren't ready. I got there in the middle of the afternoon and I didn't get anything to eat. I also didn't get any pain medicine. This was two days right after my knee replacement and I was really in pain. The people there were rude and it was horrible. They didn't even give me my regular medications. It was about 11 p.m. that somebody came in my room and brought me some crackers and juice, so I was there for 18 hours with no food or medication and I was left in the room by myself. It was really bad. It was a nightmare. Also they found a seat that I could sit on to go to the bathroom but it was covered with feces. I called up my husband to pick me up. I just stayed there for less than 24 hours because they couldn't get their act together. They need to improve on things. Number 1, they need more attention to the patients. They didn't give me any attention when I was there. Number 2 would be cleanliness because I was post surgical and I could have caught an awful infection in that place. It was filthy. I wrote them a letter and I put everything in there but I got a call back from someone and they tried to refute everything. They said that in their nurse's chart they were in there every hour to check on me, but that was not true. They were trying to say that nothing I said was true.

DAUGHTEROFPATIENT November 28, 2013

I do not recommend Heartland Home Health care, Ann Arbor--- the nurses did not pick up on a life threating health issue and my loved one ended up in the ICU

vee55 April 25, 2012

My family visited several skilled nursing facilities in search of the most comfortable environment for a relative who needed help. We ended up choosing Heartland Health Care Center because it seemed to provide the most activities for residents and had the best staff-to-patient ratio. The employees were almost uniformly warm and cheerful, and they always did their best to liven up the day for the residents. However, no nursing home is perfect, and there were some negatives that are always going to be hard to overlook. One negative is that the facility is carpeted, and the carpet sometimes smells. The first room they placed my relative in smelled of urine. We complained and they ended up moving her to a different room. It can be difficult to get a nurse into the room promptly, although that's a problem that will be found anywhere. The food is decent, but the internet access is very poor. The facility looks newer from the outside than it does on the inside.I would choose this facility for another relative, but it's important to be involved in their lives once they become a resident, because these negatives exist for every nursing home and good family support is essential for good health.

About Heartland Health Care Center-ann Arbor

Heartland Health Care Center-ann Arbor is a nursing home in Ann Arbor, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Heartland Health Care Center-ann Arbor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Heartland Health Care Center-ann Arbor

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Heartland Health Care Center-ann Arbor