Elderwood Health Care at Wedgewood

4459 BAILEY AVE, Amherst, NY, 14226

Reviews of Elderwood Health Care at Wedgewood

August 15, 2013

By Christine16

Elderwood at Wedgewood is my choice for my aunt because it is right in my area and they were able to find a bed for her immediately. It is a very nice and pleasant place. It is immaculately clean. The semi-private room is very large. The dining room is also large and nice and my aunt is not complaining about the food. In fact she gained some weight. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. They encourage her to go out and do things rather than sitting in the room and be depressed about it. They have activities like bingo several times a week. They set up a bowling rack. They have memory classes. They have card games. They also have barbeque and there is a large common area where they watch TV. They have hairdressers and dentist so no one has to go out unless it is for hospitalization.

April 17, 2013

By Caring 8030

My mom is staying in the Elderwood Senior Care for a couple months, but she'll be getting out next week. She's getting excellent care in there. The facility, the staff, and the food are all top-notch.

October 24, 2012

By johlkien

The reason this has 3 stars is it is neither good nor bad. They were caring and provided basic care, yet the staff was obviously over worked and under paid. Some were 'lifers' and others young workers who seemed disgruntled. All in all though the care was satisfactory, but as I said my mother felt she needed to visit my father everyday just to make sure he was cared for correctly. The thing is my father had Parkinson's, therefore he was unable to fully communicate his needs and the staff would not check on him enough. This affects his drooling, bathroom visits, and general care. In the end he died of a 'Kennedy Ulcer' which is basically a glorified bedsore which stars to cause necrosis of the skin. This was brought on by not moving enough and sitting for too long. In truth he was not an active type which exacerbated it, but more encouragement from staff would have helped.

January 06, 2012

By dewire

My grandmother and her significant other have been at Elderwood for approximately one year. The rooms are fairly small but offer convenience so you would not have much to move around. When walking into the room is the kitchen and living area together. Her bedroom appears to be bigger than her living area and the bathroom is connected off the bedroom. I have gone to eat meals with the m while at the facility. The servers in dining room know all the residents names and their preference for drinks. They are polite and courteous. The person that drives them to their appointments is very vibrant and personable. She also knows the residents names and you can tell she cares for everyone. On one occasion, my grandmother's significant other had a hard time with shopping. The driver made sure that she notified the nurses upon return. The facility then sent out two nurses to check on him and ensure he was well. The food that is served is okay and lists many choices as well as special. The menu, however, does not seem to change much. The facility is well kept and clean. It offers a walking trail with a small pond.The landscaping surrounding the building is well kept and very presentable. My grandmother enjoys staying there and does not have complaints either.

July 28, 2011

By barb3step11

Elderwood at Wedgewood has been very insturmental in my mom's care. All of her needs are being met and the staff really gets to know their residents. I have watched them in action when my mom has an outburst and they are able to get her redirected and calm her down. They are wonderful. The facility is very clean and organized, has plenty of activities for the residents to keep their minds as active as possible.

Features of Elderwood Health Care at Wedgewood

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Elderwood Health Care at Wedgewood

Elderwood Health Care at Wedgewood is a nursing home in Amherst, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Elderwood Health Care at Wedgewood for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Elderwood Health Care at Wedgewood