Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Life Care Center of Altamonte Springs

Posted by Tom107089950 May 17, 2015

There are just two reasons that we left Life Care. One, it was a little too big for my mother -- too many people. And two, she wanted a private room. The clientele there were socio-economically not at her peer group, so she is more comfortable where she is now in terms of her colleague or her co-residents, and she has some vanity about her. I never ate in the dining room there; I didn't care for it. It was too institutional and just adequate.

The thing is it depends on what is important to the patient. If it were me, I would take the top medical care even if I have to suffer a little bit on rooms, but my mother doesn't think that way. She'd rather be comfortable and treated like a queen even if the medical care isn't any good. It depends on what the patient values, in my view. Their therapy was a five-star, and the nursing staff is a four-star. They were friendly and quite attentive, but the therapy is very good. If you were rehabbing, I would highly recommend it.

Posted by Stacy6 May 01, 2015

I had to get my mother to a nursing home. She went downhill, so we couldn't do the home care. It was the Life Care Center of Altamonte. There are several Life Care Centers, and I found the one in Altamonte was the nicest. The staff was excellent. I checked out several nursing homes, and it was way above all of them. They had lots of activities, but my mother wasn't at the stage to participate. The rooms were very clean, but not really spacious.

Posted by Caring3085 September 08, 2014
2.0

My dad's room at Life Care Center was nice though you have to share a room with somebody else. Because of hard of hearing people in the facility, the noise level from the television blends from the room across the hall. We were upset about him being subjected to that noise. They did have a very good rehabilitative eating program for the residents who had stopped eating. They encourage them and they really work hard to get them eating again.

Posted by Rhonda1 November 16, 2012
4.0

We have placed my mother-in-law in Life Care Center of Altamonte Springs. She had been in there previously for her rehab so she wanted to go back there. We're very satisfied with the staff. It's a very cheerful atmosphere. The rooms are adequate and very clean. My husband ate there today and he said the food was above average.

Medicare Ratings