Mount Vernon Nursing And Rehabilitation Center Alexandria, VA

Reviews of Mount Vernon Nursing And Rehabilitation Center | Alexandria, VA

July 30, 2016

By KBdickerson

Other

Kate Dickerson reviewed Mt. Vernon Nursing & Rehab Center — 5 star March 30 · Our experience at Mt. Vernon Nursing was positive and we would recommend this facility. Not only were we impressed with the quality of care provided, but also with the professionalism of the staff. Some of them have been there for more than 20 years! Their experience is reflected in the quality of their work. Thank you MVNRC for all your hard work and the great care you provided my family!

May 17, 2016

By Gerald M. Esperanza

My husband went to Mt. Vernon after a hip replacement surgery. He couldn't walk and was in severe pain. After rehab at Mt. Vernon, he's back to walking and swimming like he never stopped! It's great having him back and now he’s happier than ever!

May 12, 2016

By Susan Mayor

Best place for Rehab! I recommend it completely!

May 06, 2016

By Sonia Fairbanks

Mt. Vernon Nursing Center is AMAZING! Their Physical Therapy department is exceptional and their team of therapists was with my grandfather's recuperation process every step of the way! Thanks!

May 06, 2016

By Jason Theibalt

My mother was admitted to Mt. Vernon Nursing & Rehab Center for therapy rehabilitation. The staff there can only be described as superb, professional and compassionate. It was an outstanding experience and I would recommend this facility to anyone interested in placing their family member for rehab services.

May 04, 2016

By Felix Rothberg

The best decision I ever made was to arrange admission for my elderly sister to go to Mount Vernon Nursing & Rehab Center. She was living in Arlington and could no longer care for herself. I spoke to her doctor and he recommended Mt. Vernon Nursing Center. I signed up for a tour and I was impressed as soon as I entered the building. My sister is now a resident there and she has done remarkably well under their care.

May 04, 2016

By Dolores Linklighter

We had a tour of Mount Vernon Nursing Center and were very impressed with the staff and the facility. Afterward, we looked at one another and said “this would be a great place for mom”. After having had poor experiences with other facilities, We realize now that you can pay people to take care of your love one, but you can’t pay someone to care…and that is how we feel about Mount Vernon. My mother is receiving excellent care!

May 07, 2015

By DDSMedicalSurrogate

I was the medical surrogate for a person who was a resident at MVNRC for about four months in late 2014 and early 2015. My friend had advanced Parkinson's Disease, and there were a few nursing centers in the DC area that refused to take him, saying that his medical condition was too severe for them to deal with. The people at MVNRC could not have been more caring and comforting to my friend -- and to me. My friend's condition was such that he was bedridden. Because of the Parkinson's, he was very rigid and contracted. The nurses were kind, caring, compassionate, and most of all competent. The CNA's were likewise. I visited my friend daily during his stay at MVNRC, and the nurse call buttons were promptly answered, and needs were attended to. Since my friend ate very little, I cannot comment on the quality of the food, except to say that when the food was served in my friend's room, it always appeared to me to be appealing. The therapy staff was also very good. The front office staff were very helpful, and the social worker who worked with us went out of her way to see that my friend's needs were met. I should also add that prior to coming to MVNRC, my friend was a resident of a nursing home in another state for about two years. MVNRC has a much better staff. I should also add that the MVNRC facility itself was always clean and well-maintained.

April 20, 2015

By Bad knees

I had to go there after knee surgery. Some of the staff was good, the therapy people were great, but the overall experience left me in tears when I thought I might have to stay another day. There were many unanswered call bells, they seldom changed my knee bandages, the food was mostly awful and patients who yelled at night were usually ignored. My husband needs to go to one tomorrow and if there are any alternatives, he will go elsewhere.

March 18, 2015

By Catherina

My father was admitted there after being in the hospital, and he needed physical and occupational therapy. He also has dementia. At first, the staff was very helpful, especially 2 nurses, and 2 certified nursing assistants. But the second week the nursing assistants didn't answer my father's call bell when I helped him turn it on because he needed to go to the bathroom. I ended up taking him, and he had horrible diarrhea, and was really upset that I cleaned him up. Someone finally came in when I was finished (I had also gone to the nursing station, and I nurse came down the hall to his room, but looked in, and asked me "Where are all the nursing assistants". He never came even though I asked him to. I also saw the nursing assistants talking on their cell phones in the hallway (many times, especially when the patients were eating dinner), and they also talked with each other in the halls very loudly in foreign languages My.father was only there for 3 weeks. He got a blood infection and had to be rushed back to the hospital, where he stayed in intensive care for 5 days. He would have died if I hadn't gotten him out of there. The nurse didn't even know he was sick. Please don't let any of the people you love even consider this place. The only thing good about it was the various therapists. But they could only do so much... I hope this helps people who read this. We need to protect our families. They can't always speak for themselves.

December 08, 2011

By jasmine1

I had a very good friend in this nursing home that stayed for a few years. The certified nursing assistants are fairly good but you had some who had not completed their training and they did not understand there jobs completely. My friend was upset at times because they did not keep her finger nails clean at all times and did not always make sure that her clothes matched and she was very fussy about this. The nurses were wonderful they did their best to keep up with medications and if a patient needed help they came right away. The bed bath that they gave was not as good as it could of been but I believe it was because of new people and maybe they were not used to that kind of stuff with patients. The facility had 2 floors and the most severe was on one floor and the others the next floor which was fairly good so each level had the amount of staff that it needed for that floor. The food was not very appetizing at all much of it was with no salt or flavor and that was a big complaint. The elderly seemed to get along well and played bingo and crocheted things together. Most of the staff was very friendly and always was polite about asking us to leave the room if something needed to be done in private. Overall the facility isn't to bad but does need a few minor changes made to see the residents more happy.

Features of Mount Vernon Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Mount Vernon Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

Mount Vernon Nursing And Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Alexandria, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Mount Vernon Nursing And Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Mount Vernon Nursing And Rehabilitation Center