The Montebello on Academy | Nursing Home

10500 Academy Road NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87111

Reviews of The Montebello on Academy | Nursing Home

lilyrose November 23, 2012

The Montebello has one of the nicest nursing homes I've seen. The tables in the dining room had real table cloths, and the entire place was well decorated, which really impressed my grandmother. The food was very good, and did not taste "institutional." My grandmother was encouraged to eat all her meals in the dining room, and the staff was good about helping residents to the dining room if they could not make it there on their own.They had several activities during the week, so the residents had something to do other than watch TV. On the days there was an activity, the staff would come by several times to remind my grandmother and ask if she wanted to go. My grandmother particularly liked the hot chocolate in the afternoons. The staff was very friendly and would converse with the residents. When a resident pressed the button for help, someone would come check to see what they needed. If it wasn't urgent (such as a resident wanting to get ready for bed), the staff member would say they would be back. The wait for help (after the initial check) was usually about 20 minutes. The checking and coming back later annoyed my grandmother, but it did allow the staff to prioritize. The few times I was there when my grandmother really needed help, I don't remember waiting.My major complaint with the Montebello was that there were not phones in the rooms. Since my grandmother cannot operate a cell phone, she could only talk on the phone to my aunts and uncles when my mom or I was there. Everything else was about as good as you can expect in a nursing home. Overall, I would recommend the nursing home at the Montebello.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

From The Montebello on Academy

The Montebello on Academy offers compassionate senior care in Albuquerque, NM. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Montebello on Academy shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Albuquerque, NM.

Features of The Montebello on Academy

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: