Las Palomas Care and Rehabilitation Center

8100 Palmoas Avenue NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87109

Reviews of Las Palomas Care and Rehabilitation Center

frustrated daughter 1 March 02, 2015

This place is terrible. My mother was not bathed for eight days. She cried and begged for a bath, finally two days later they bathed her! They provided her the wrong food, which she couldn’t eat due to her illness. When she was released there was no communication with the family regarding her medication and home care. They told her she needed oxygen, but she was not provided any, or a prescription when she was released. There was never a meeting with anyone from Las Palomas regarding my mothers progress or a release plan. Worst experience EVER!

Caring Daughters3 February 26, 2015

I would not recommend this place. My father was staying there and an employee there actually told the family, “He is not going to get better.” What kind of a person would say such a thing? Then they sent him a hospital for a minor procedure and while he was there a little over a day they released him without any communication to the family. When the hospital attempted to return him, he had no skilled treatment facility to go to, and this was the first we were informed he had been released. The only explanation for releasing him was money, but they didn’t even try to work with the family to take a payment, no communication at all. When we asked for his a list of his medications they refused to give us any information. They had most of his stuff boxed up in the front office and yet they also had many empty beds.

veronica12 March 23, 2011

Don't Stay Here...

My mom was here for a few days for Rehab, we took her out early because the patient neglect so bad. The Rehab Staff is hard to work with and not at all patient with those needing rehab. The nursing staff spends most time at the desk ignoring call buttons that are flashing constantly. My mom was served bland sandwiches everyday for lunch and a few potatoe chips. Some kind of pudding. No fruit and a few pieces of lettuce which must count as vegetable. They are not given suger or sweet n low for tea or coffee and if they ask it is hours before anyone responds. Same with water, it takes hours for anyone to bring water, never any ice. My mom was wheeled to the main room for lunch and after an hour waiting for assistance wheeled herself back to her room, which she was scolded for doing so. The window in her room did not work properly, we asked for repair but that never happened. We get to take my mom home, I do feel sorry for those stuck there.

Ricky-1 April 22, 2008

My loved one stayed here

When You First Arrive, Everything Is So Nice, But Once Your There A While There Are So Many Treatment Deficiencies. If You Can't Get Out Of Bed You Get Catheterized, Then You Wind Up With A Urinary Tract Infection So Bad You Have To Be Hospitalized. Also My Family Members Cell Phone & Charger Were Stolen. The Wire To The Charger Was Tied To The Bed Railing For Easy Access. My Opinion Is A Worker Took It (but it's just my opinion). Also My Family Member was Neglected So Bad They Wound Up In The Hospital, Because They Were Dehydrated & Had Bed Sores. We Almost Had To Dial 911 Ourselves. Nobody Wanted To Send My Family Member To The Hospital. Please Keep Your Loved Ones Away From Here, You'll Regret It For The Rest Of Your Life.

About Las Palomas Care and Rehabilitation Center

Las Palomas Care and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Albuquerque, NM that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Las Palomas Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Las Palomas Care and Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 325036
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

• Resident Capacity 120