Chandler Health & Rehab Center

850 NORTHWEST NINTH STREET, Alabaster, AL, 35007

Reviews of Chandler Health & Rehab Center

April 05, 2012

By Kevin1

This assisted living center is for people that have a difficult time living on their own. Although residents are free to leave, to the grocery store, ect, if it is agreed upon ahead a time. I really liked this idea and it made it seem less like a hospital type environment and more like home. Each resident has their own room and they can decorate it any way they want. Besides family pictures residents put up posters and when I was there one even had a construction paper Christmas tree on the wall and taped his Christmas cards to it. Plus small refrigerators and TVs with provided cable is allowed.Meals are served in the cafeteria or to their rooms if they have difficulty moving. Meals are different every day and a menu is handed out weekly of what is available. There is a smoking area but residents are only allowed to smoke outside with a staff member present at scheduled time throughout the day.I like some of the different halls because they had art work (many were drawn pictures from children groups) but many of the hallways were blank and plain white. Without any decoration it didn't feel as warm and inviting.I understand that hospice is often on the premises for patients that need it but I guess that is just part of it. Many family members come to visit their loved ones and I was told that many of them get picked up for church every Sunday which was really good to hear.Overall I was very impressed. Both the residents and staff were very friendly. There was a little group of ladies sitting in a circle just talking and laughing and since I was touring because I'm considering it for my mother it was nice to see smiling faces everywhere.

Features of Chandler Health & Rehab Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Chandler Health & Rehab Center

Chandler Health & Rehab Center is a nursing home in Alabaster, AL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Chandler Health & Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Chandler Health & Rehab Center